Tropical Storm Milton possibly coming to FL 10/9

Lilofan

The one thing going for me is that I delayed putting the patio furniture back outside after Helene passed. The same goes for storm prep at work. We were all ready to start putting everything back but decided to hold off to see what was going to happen.
That would be a massive undertaking if it has not already begun at WDW parks and resorts. Move anything that can be flying projectiles outside to an interior space before Cat 3 hurricane force winds descend upon the areas. 2004 WDW parks closed for hurricanes Charley Frances and Jeannine and reopened after post hurricane cleanup.

IanDLBZF

That would be a massive undertaking if it has not already begun at WDW parks and resorts. Move anything that can be flying projectiles outside to an interior space before Cat 3 hurricane force winds descend upon the areas. 2004 WDW parks closed for hurricanes Charley Frances and Jeannine and reopened after post hurricane cleanup.
AK was closed 2 whole days after Charley IIRC.

Brian

State of Emergency Declared for Walt Disney World Area as Milton Expected to Intensify into Major Hurricane​

Local10.com is citing this article as official word from Disney to 'expect' park closures. Click bait or unintentionally sloppy journalism? You be the judge of that.

For the record, Disney has yet to put out any official word on the storm, including the customary "we are monitoring" statement.

tallica

Seems likely. Hopefully this ends up quickly passing through and they can reopen Wednesday. At least it doesn’t look like this will slow down its forward motion and dump a foot or more of rain.
Wednesday ? Did you mean Thursday? Wednesday is forecasted to be hurricane day.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
14L_gefs_latest.png

GEFS

14L_geps_latest.png

GEPS

14L_intensity_latest.png

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
United Airlines has issued travel waivers for most Florida airports from October 7 through October 10. So far they are the only major carrier to do so as a result of Milton.

IanDLBZF

I'm going with early closure Tuesday, with Typhoon Lagoon closed all day and no Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, parks closed all day Wednesday, with a potential reopening Thursday as conditions allow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom