After hours or no?

mpaulam

In the Parks
No
DH and I will be at Fort Wilderness for 3 weeks with 10 day park hoppers. My thinking is that with 10 park days, we will have more than enough time to get it all in without forking out the extra cash for an extra hours event. Do you think I’m correct? (Our trip is Jan 21-Feb 10)
Thanks for any input!

JIMINYCR

I'd say you should have no problems but.... It all depends on how you attack the parks and the crowds you encounter. Your individual style of vacationing can determine what the days will be like and how much you will accomplish. Get up early and stay late?? Or sleep in and take resort/ pool breaks?? Wander aimlessly or have a structured plan?? Enjoy shows, fireworks, parades or not?? Fit in tours or not?? How you do Dis can make a difference.
We usually do 14 days with PH passes and end up doing everything we want on our trip. Near the end of the trip we start to focus on doing just the items we really want to do multiple times. The luxury of the PH is you can hop around and not get stuck in one place which switches the day up and makes it more interesting. We also fit in off site trips to enjoy more than just WDW. Enjoy.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

We've done both. For example, the Mickey's Halloween event has been a whole lot of fun for us. So, we've especially enjoyed all the meet and greets with characters that are not at the park during regular park hours. However, at times we feel that the after hours at times can be a bit much. Sometimes we just enjoy our down time. Often, enjoying the hours of rest after a long day at the park watching a great tv show or movie. It just depends on the person. Take care, and have a most wonderful trip to Disney!

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

The After Hour Events can be a lot of fun, though. We have done After Hours a few times while staying a week. What we do is not buy park tickets (you can enter earlier than the event) and that way we have an easy resort day and then have fun in the evening. We find that we can ride many of our favorite rides with no lines and move from one to the next. Plus, they have snacks (free soda or a free ice cream bar) and it is fun to walk through the park without having to fight through crowds.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
DH and I will be at Fort Wilderness for 3 weeks with 10 day park hoppers. My thinking is that with 10 park days, we will have more than enough time to get it all in without forking out the extra cash for an extra hours event. Do you think I’m correct? (Our trip is Jan 21-Feb 10)
Thanks for any input!
I just wanted to check that you’ve worked out how long your tickets are valid for.

I’m not sure what the valid period is for your tickets but I think it’ll be 14-15 days after first use.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

With a nice, lengthy stay, I don't think you will need the afterhours event. The AH events are great if you have a limited time in the parks and want to maximize your ride time. I'm currently planning a trip with one day in each park and for MK, it will be an AH event. We should be able to fit in as many, if not more, rides as we would with a regular day since the attendance is so limited (can't say the same for the parties anymore.) We will miss out on the parade and certain shows, but we were there last year, so we are willing to make that trade.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom