Food Court Refurb at Pop

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Took a Skyliner ride to Pop last week and was surprised to see all of the construction going on inside Everything Pop. Can you still get meals there or do you need to go to AOA to eat?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Took a Skyliner ride to Pop last week and was surprised to see all of the construction going on inside Everything Pop. Can you still get meals there or do you need to go to AOA to eat?
You can.
Limited menu and mobile order only, though.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Should reopen today (was. originally yesterday.) Any updates inside?? How's it look, any photos to share?

Disney has confirmed in a new update that the refurbishment has been extended:

From September 29 to November 30, 2024, the Everything POP Food Court will be undergoing refurbishment. Please be prepared to use alternate entrances to the food court—and be aware that dining room seating may be limited.

Eric Graham

Apparently they want the walls to match the tie-dye cheesecake…that takes time, lol
Hey wait a minute, I liked TGI Fridays. And their many a appetizer a plenty. Especially, the potato skins with the bacon And, don't forget the sour cream of course. Yum! And all of the tchotchkes that Jennifer Anniston had. Wait, nvm, that was Bennigans or did they steal that idea from that restaurant? ;)

Smiley/OCD

Hey wait a minute, I liked TGI Fridays. And their many an appetizer a plenty. Especially, the potato skins with the bacon And, don't forget the sour cream of course. Yum! And all of the tchotchkes that Jennifer Anniston had. Wait, nvm, that was Bennigans or did they steal that idea from that restaurant? ;)
Bennigans!! You probably remember the Ground Round too…Fridays was always good back in the day…I always wanted the corporate job of procuring all those tchotchkes for the walls…what a great job that was…PAID to go to flea markets and use somebody else’s money

surfsupdon

I hope this is a a really nice upgrade in style and functionality.

Were the sitting areas ever under refurb on a rotational bas

The site that shall not be named has photos of the partially reopened Everything Pop food court. Be prepared to be disappointed. At least it will match the refurbs going on over at the All Stars.....
I still don't know the name of this site after all of these years (LOL) but I really want to see!

Eric Graham

Bennigans!! You probably remember the Ground Round too…Fridays was always good back in the day…I always wanted the corporate job of procuring all those tchotchkes for the walls…what a great job that was…PAID to go to flea markets and use somebody else’s money
Had to google the ground round restaurants...procured by Howard Johnson...wasn't familiar with it...sounded good! ...Like Cleavon Little (oh what a great actor that he was) from Blazing Saddles and all of the Howard Johnsons in it :D

Eric Graham

off to listen to Nightmare Before Christmas and get some work done. So sad to hear about that wonderful actor and thespian too. On XM Disney last night, the were playing some of that music as a tribute to Ken Page who played Oogie Boogie (What an incredible voice he had on Broadway and movies!)

Smiley/OCD

Had to google the ground round restaurants...procured by Howard Johnson...wasn't familiar with it...sounded good! ...Like Cleavon Little (oh what a great actor that he was) from Blazing Saddles and all of the Howard Johnsons in it :D
They were the Friday’s of the 70’s & 80’s…their claim to fame was a theater sized popcorn machine in each restaurant and it was all you could eat…
I always felt sorry for the staff…what a job cleaning up at the end of the night…popcorn ALL OVER THE FLOOR.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here are some photos of the partially completed refurbishment

Everything-Pop-Shopping-and-Dining-Food-Court_Full_57711.jpg

Everything-Pop-Shopping-and-Dining-Food-Court_Full_57716.jpg

Everything-Pop-Shopping-and-Dining-Food-Court_Full_57714.jpg

Everything-Pop-Shopping-and-Dining-Food-Court_Full_57717.jpg

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/eve...food-court-refurbishment---october-3-2024.htm

Epcot82Guy

Yeah... This seems pretty uninspired. I like the mural with Mickey. But, this otherwise feels very, very generic. There are so many inspirations they could have used to make this really fun. (And the previous version was NOT my favorite by any stretch. It was way too much, so a redo - and even "scaling back" was welcomed.) It's just very colorful "meh" to me. It's "fine" but that's it.

At least it's in line with the sad stripping out of Disney resort decor/theme as of late. So... consistency?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom