Be Our Guest MNSSHP menu

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just finished one of the no so tasty special dining opportunities at BoG. This is my wife and my option as your milage and tastes may differ from ours. There were some specialties that piqued our interest as the normal menu has suffered these past few years as also the quality.

The items we wanted to try were the bone marrow, short ribs, and the pumpkin creme brule . We also tried the standards of the French onion soup and filet.

The marrow was strange with dried fruit and lemon zest...more of a fruit salad than a savory option.

The short ribs presentation was wonderful, looks like it was slaughtered on the plate. Unfortunately it was dry and pretty bland even with the sliced jalapeños.

The pumpkin dessert was more of a pumpkin creme less than a custard or flan.

The filet and soup were fine. It's just not worth 70 dollars a head plus drinks. Staff is still wonderful and attentive.

Eric Graham

Just finished one of the no so tasty special dining opportunities at BoG. This is my wife and my option as your milage and tastes may differ from ours. There were some specialties that piqued our interest as the normal menu has suffered these past few years as also the quality.

The items we wanted to try were the bone marrow, short ribs, and the pumpkin creme brule . We also tried the standards of the French onion soup and filet.

The marrow was strange with dried fruit and lemon zest...more of a fruit salad than a savory option.

The short ribs presentation was wonderful, looks like it was slaughtered on the plate. Unfortunately it was dry and pretty bland even with the sliced jalapeños.

The filet and soup were fine. It's just not worth 70 dollars a head plus drinks. Staff is still wonderful and attentive.
Honestly, if you're going to spend that kind of money I would have eaten at the Boathouse at Disney Springs and have the lobster or Boma. But, they're not part of the Halloween event. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

So it really looks like this?
Screenshot_20240926_160620_Chrome.jpg

(source: Tom Bricker)

I haven't been able to shake the thought that as presented it looks like the result of an unfortunate time at the toilet, bowl splash and all.

Hockey89

To be fair, they served me some of the worst eggs ive ever had.... They were never going to pull off that.... Sadly, Short ribs are simple to cook even for a home cook.... Embarrassing.

JIMINYCR

BOG was a great dining choice for a while after first opening. We always arranged for grabbing a difficult sought after ADR. The menu was fabulous and everything was cooked to perfection. Then as usually happens, changes are made, quality suffers and it barely resembles what once was. We now avoid booking there because it disappoints now on many levels. Its still a beautifully themed spot but that doesnt make up for a waste of money on meals that are sub-par.

Smiley/OCD

We went as a family 3 times…the first was the year after it opened (2013), it was excellent, went again in 2014, noticed the degradation in quality in that year and decided we had enough. In 2016, we went with another family with 2 young girls that really wanted to go. They enjoyed it, but the quality was still subpar. The ambiance is still top notch, everyone should go ONCE (like CRT), but for the cost, one and done.

Eric Graham

We went as a family 3 times…the first was the year after it opened (2013), it was excellent, went again in 2014, noticed the degradation in quality in that year and decided we had enough. In 2016, we went with another family with 2 young girls that really wanted to go. They enjoyed it, but the quality was still subpar. The ambiance is still top notch, everyone should go ONCE (like CRT), but for the cost, one and done.
You're definitely right. It was great a long time ago. I really wish they would improve the menu and cost. I really enjoy a lot of the songs from Beauty and the Beast, especially the 2017 version of it. Off to listen to them in my backyard with my sweet sweet Belle!

Smiley/OCD

You're definitely right. It was great a long time ago. I really wish they would improve the menu and cost. I really enjoy a lot of the songs from Beauty and the Beast, especially the 2017 version of it. Off to listen to them in my backyard with my sweet sweet Belle!
I don’t personally mind paying IF the quality matches the price…yes, it’s the ambience, yes, we’re in a bubble, but you can’t leave thinking you had a better meal at TGI Friday’s…if it’s a good quality meal, with good service, we’ll go back…unfortunately, they’re just looking to satisfy not WOW the guests or exceed their expectations…that’s a TWDC lost art.

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
When we arrived home we went to Texas Roadhouse and had a meal that was far superior in quality for half the price

Eric Graham

When we arrived home we went to Texas Roadhouse and had a meal that was far superior in quality for half the price
I won a guitar autographed by John Berry in a raffle from Texas Roadhouse, but I sold it for next to nothing. Still kicking myself for doing that...Great restaurant btw...Especially, throwing the peanuts on the floor!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom