Wilderness Lodge Construction

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I have read a few recent reviews on TripAdvisor that the construction work being done at WL is very invasive, to the point some balconies can't be used. Anyone know more about the project or have first hand experiences? Is it just the main lodge being worked on or the DVC Boulder Ridge buildings as well?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I stayed in the main lodge two weeks ago. No work was being done on or in the building.

BRV has had exterior work most of this year and work was being done on some upper balconies during our stay. I am surprised that rooms with the balconies being refurbished have guests in them.

Eric Graham

I have read a few recent reviews on TripAdvisor that the construction work being done at WL is very invasive, to the point some balconies can't be used. Anyone know more about the project or have first hand experiences? Is it just the main lodge being worked on or the DVC Boulder Ridge buildings as well?
I posted this awhile ago. Hope this helps!:

Eric Graham

This is from Google as well...sorry I didn't fully answer your question:
From April through December 2024, Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge will undergo exterior refurbishment work. During this time, Guests may see and hear construction work during daytime hours.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
This is from Google as well...sorry I didn't fully answer your question:
From April through December 2024, Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge will undergo exterior refurbishment work. During this time, Guests may see and hear construction work during daytime hours.
It's interesting, some guests in recent reviews intimated that it was a 2 year project. That sounds crazy, your timeline is much preferred. I am there end of November so hoping it's mostly done by then

JaxFLBear

It's interesting, some guests in recent reviews intimated that it was a 2 year project. That sounds crazy, your timeline is much preferred. I am there end of November so hoping it's mostly done by then
The time frame @Eric Graham posted for the exterior matches what's posted on the DVC website.

The rooms at BRV received a full refurbishment last year, so if you add that time to the exterior refurbishment, it would total about 2 years.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
The time frame @Eric Graham posted for the exterior matches what's posted on the DVC website.

The rooms at BRV received a full refurbishment last year, so if you add that time to the exterior refurbishment, it would total about 2 years.
Got ya. This one for me concerned. They really should not rent out those rooms .
Screenshot_20240909-095447.png

Eric Graham

Got ya. This one for me concerned. They really should not rent out those rooms .
View attachment 814173
Sorry did not mean to lead you astray. From blog Mickey they just speculated construction was happening with the permit until 2026. They say "may" last a couple of years. I was just trying to help and just googled the question for the particular place you were staying at. You may want to trust a Disney reference over a Google reference. May be a good idea to call the WL directly and ask if construction is going on in your time frame at the Boulder ridge to make your vacation more relaxing and magical. Happy Disney trips in the future and take care!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom