Trip Report I Wanna Be Where The People Aren’t: Finding Some Calm On The Crowded Disney Dream

We’ve been back now for almost a week from our cruise, and I’ve had time to gather my thoughts and photos. It was five nights on the Dream from Southampton to Northern Spain. I knew before going that it was going to be a different experience from our previous cruises, but I really wasn’t prepared for quite how crowded it would be.

It was just three of us on this cruise, myself and two youngest daughters Alice(17) and Lexi(15). This is us from our last cruise in January 2020, as I did not manage to get a photo of the three of us together this time

88793987-2418-49A8-BC12-3344ED39605C.jpeg

And the two of them, with one of their older sisters, on our very first cruise in December 2013

58E513B2-1EBB-430E-924C-48236ADA01ED.jpeg

A little bit about us:
My four daughters pretty much grew up at Disney. We usually visited from the UK twice a year from the time they were babies. Myself and husband, Darren, had also visited a few times before they were born, even spending our honeymoon there. Our last visit was pre- pandemic in January 2020 when I ran the runDisney Dopey Challenge and then the Castaway Cay Challenge on our cruise. So with such a long break from Disney we were definitely very excited for this cruise.

This was our sixth Disney cruise, our first as Castaway Club gold members. We’d sailed on the Dream four times on the four night Bahamas itinerary and the Fantasy once for seven nights Eastern Caribbean. I’ve always looked at cruise as a time to relax after a busy parks trip. My favourite thing about cruising is just being at sea. I don’t need organised activities, just a quiet spot on deck with a book looking at the water. And it’s nice to do this while still being in the Disney bubble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom