Solo 2 week trip in December

mikey92

Hello! I'm a big Disney / theme park nerd. I've been wanting to visit Orlando again for many years, but none of my friend nor husband fancy it. I've decided why not go it alone maybe. I'd be travelling from the UK and thinking of visiting for 2 weeks at the start of December.

Has anyone done a solo trip? How was it? I've done Disneyland Paris solo once, but that was only for a day. My husband worries I might feel lonely, but I'm quite independent, and this is a trip I've wanted to take for many years. So I think I should just go for it. But let me know if anyone has any solo experiences

I'd be staying offsite, less than 10 minutes Uber drive away from WDW parks. I haven't visited WDW in about 20 years, so trying to get my head around genie+ etc. Being a single rider visiting hopefully slightly offpeak time between holidays, do you think I'd be able to get on many rides if I'm utilising the standby line?

I was thinking of below as a kind of itinerary. Am I missing anything?

Friday 29 November 2024​
Arrive at Orlando airport at 17:05, head to hotel
Saturday 30 November 2024​
Universal Studios
Sunday 1 December 2024​
Magic Kingdom
Monday 2 December 2024​
Animal Kingdom
Tuesday 3 December 2024​
Rest day
Wednesday 4 December 2024​
Epcot
Thursday 5 December 2024​
Hollywood Studios
Friday 6 December 2024​
Islands of Adventure
Saturday 7 December 2024​
Rest day (check out Disney Springs)
Sunday 8 December 2024​
Volcano Bay water park
Monday 9 December 2024​
Epcot
Tuesday 10 December 2024​
Busch Gardens Tampa
Wednesday 11 December 2024​
Rest day
Thursday 12 December 2024​
Magic Kingdom
Friday 13 December 2024​
Animal Kingdom / Hollywood Studios
Saturday 14 December 2024​
Islands of Adventure. Depart Orlando airport at 23:55

Thanks for your help! :)

adimond

You're scheduled to fly in on the day after Thanksgiving (i.e., the biggest travel weekend of the year in the USA), so the first few days may be intensely crowded. Other than that, I can only say I'm jealous! Early December should be a great time to be there.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Yes Ive done a few solo trips when it worked out that DW and DS couldnt go but the timing was right for me. It starts off feeling a bit odd because you have no one to share the moments with, you dine alone, you are solo in your resort. But then after a day or so you realize you are having a ball of fun doing everything you want to without considering others wants or desires. You go through the park faster, can jump on solo rider lines, snack or dine when you want to, are not tied down to anyone elses schedule. There are no time restraints. Start and end the day when you feel like it. You get so much more done in a day as a solo guest. Stay up as late as you wish at the resort. Wander places you have not gone to before. You can pamper yourself with extras you might not feel like when you are traveling with others. Splurge on things without worry what others think. Snack a lot more.
You are not completely alone at all. I converse with strangers, interact with CM's, assist other guests when they look lost.
Its a great time being solo after you get over the missing others you normally travel with. After doing one youll want to do more.
Have a great time. Just be sure to bring items home to those left behind. I often take something tied to my DW ( a stuffed Jiminy character) and take photos of it around property to e-mail back to her to share my fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom