Virtual Queue Unnecessary Restriction

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
After experiencing it first hand today, I am convinced that restricting guests to 1 virtual queue at a time is not only unfair but also not a smart business practice.

After being lucky enough to win the 7 am virtual queue lottery for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, my group was not called to board until well after 1 pm. Because attendance at EPCOT was much lower than usual today, the Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind virtual queue stayed open for several hours after 1 pm, and then it began to pour rain.

Tiana's was closed because of the weather, while Guardians was not, but because I still had an active virtual queue, despite the ride being down for several hours, I missed out on the opportunity to get into the virtual queue for Guardians. And yes, I imagine a Guest Services Cast Member could have removed me from the virtual queue for Tiana so I could join the Guardians virtual queue, but why put guests through that???

Any guest who is lucky enough to have a low boarding group out of the 7 am group, has an opportunity to get into the virtual queue at 1 pm for another ride, but if your luck gives you a boarding party that gets called late in the day, and that ride goes down, you pretty much get your opportunity to ride the newest rides completely ruined.

I can understand limiting guests to 1 virtual queue for the 7 am window, but if your boarding group has not been called by then or something happens that prevents you from riding the attraction for your 7 am virtual queue, you should be able to join an additional virtual queue after 1 pm. Leaving guests locked into what the virtual queue lottery gave them at 7 am for over 5 hours is not only unfair, but it may also cause guests who might be willing to park hop and keep spending money, to just call it a day and leave the parks and thus is a dumb business decision.

SingleRider

Premium Member
After experiencing it first hand today, I am convinced that restricting guests to 1 virtual queue at a time is not only unfair but also not a smart business practice.

After being lucky enough to win the 7 am virtual queue lottery for Tiana's Bayou Adventure, my group was not called to board until well after 1 pm. Because attendance at EPCOT was much lower than usual today, the Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind virtual queue stayed open for several hours after 1 pm, and then it began to pour rain.

Tiana's was closed because of the weather, while Guardians was not, but because I still had an active virtual queue, despite the ride being down for several hours, I missed out on the opportunity to get into the virtual queue for Guardians. And yes, I imagine a Guest Services Cast Member could have removed me from the virtual queue for Tiana so I could join the Guardians virtual queue, but why put guests through that???

Any guest who is lucky enough to have a low boarding group out of the 7 am group, has an opportunity to get into the virtual queue at 1 pm for another ride, but if your luck gives you a boarding party that gets called late in the day, and that ride goes down, you pretty much get your opportunity to ride the newest rides completely ruined.

I can understand limiting guests to 1 virtual queue for the 7 am window, but if your boarding group has not been called by then or something happens that prevents you from riding the attraction for your 7 am virtual queue, you should be able to join an additional virtual queue after 1 pm. Leaving guests locked into what the virtual queue lottery gave them at 7 am for over 5 hours is not only unfair, but it may also cause guests who might be willing to park hop and keep spending money, to just call it a day and leave the parks and thus is a dumb business decision.
If they didn't have this restriction the VQs would go much faster than they do today. You can leave any VQ via the app in order to obtain one for another attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom