News Blizzard Beach reopening early November 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to updated operational hours on the Walt Disney World website, Blizzard Beach reopens Monday, November 4, 2024.

Typhoon Lagoon currently shows no hours beginning the same day.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 4.44.26 PM.png

Comped

I know it’s a staffing/demand issue, but I also wonder how much of this is beta testing to see which one they will decide to scuttle
If they decided to raze one and build a new one in its place (if that was the plan, which I doubt)... They'd have to seriously work it to make it match the quality of VB and Aquatica (though I prefer the latter). Neither waterpark is at that level. Disney really should be able to support both open at the same time, demand-wise, but that would require a level of investment they're likely uncomfortable with.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The water parks rarely were both open in the off season even pre-covid. A couple month refurb was the routine even back then. Idk whether they will both be open by the time next summer rolls around. But even if we are going back to normal that won't matter until March at the earliest

Stitchon

It's unfortunate that the water parks are treated as value-added items for a ticket instead of real destinations. There's been a tremendous amount of innovation in the aquatics industry, as evidenced by the competition in Orlando, and both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are hopelessly outdated in that respect. Has Blizzard Beach even received anything new since it opened in 1995?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom