News Blizzard Beach reopening early November 2024

ToTBellHop

So tired of this swapping. We’re local passholders but we’ve been to blizzard beach only once since late 2019. It’s usually too cold when it’s open. We went last year on a warmish day in November, but the water was so cold, and it was too cloudy help warm us out of the water, so we only lasted an hour before we left. The kids really miss blizzard beach in the summer.
Well, it’s supposed to be snow-melt!

Fido Chuckwagon

It’s not summer travel season, however.

I live in CT. There is regularly a 6 am or 7 am flight that gets us into a theme park by 1 pm. I’d take 5 hours in a water park.

Also, ideal for split stays or if you go to WDW after a cruise.
What time do you have to wake up in the morning to catch that flight? 3 am? You think many families are going to feel like schlepping it to the water park first thing upon arrival when they've been up since the middle of the night? I really just don't see this getting used almost at all. They should have just given hotel guests one free day at a water park per trip if they wanted to add something of value that also helps to fill up their water parks to have people spend on food and beverage there. Arrival day is ridiculous. The whole thing is stupid.

ToTBellHop

What time do you have to wake up in the morning to catch that flight? 3 am? You think many families are going to feel like schlepping it to the water park first thing upon arrival when they've been up since the middle of the night? I really just don't see this getting used almost at all. They should have just given hotel guests one free day at a water park per trip if they wanted to add something of value that also helps to fill up their water parks to have people spend on food and beverage there. Arrival day is ridiculous. The whole thing is stupid.
Well, we certainly don’t nap on day 1. It‘s usually an early night for us (no fireworks) but water parks are conducive to that.

The bigger issue for me is weather. It’s hot enough in the summer, but if we go all the way there and it starts storming, we will be angry. We are planning a split stay next summer, anyway, so we will plan on switchover day as long as there isn’t a hurricane…

DisneyDreamer08

Just as an example, last Saturday 8/17 my daughter and I flew out of Providence at 6:30am. Yes, we left for the airport at 3am. We used Mears to get from MCO to Caribbean Beach. We checked in at 10:45am and our room was ready. We spent the day exploring the resort, took the Skyliner to Pop and AoA and explored over there, and had dinner at Sebastian’s Bistro.

We very easily could had quickly changed and been to Typhoon Lagoon by noon time. Six hours would have been plenty of time for us to enjoy the day, head back, have a quick service dinner and be to bed at a reasonable time. I actually do think we would use this perk in the future.

Ripken10

Yeah, I think split stays are the only way people are going to be able to make it work.
I don't see this as true. You can get flights into Orlando from Maryland before 9 am, from Connecticut before 10 am, from Dallas before 10 am just to name a few. Any of these flights you could make it to the water parks easily before noon. Many of our trips we have traveled on the early flight just so we can enjoy the pools all day on the first day, but now we can consider the water parks as an option.

meggo819

Just as an example, last Saturday 8/17 my daughter and I flew out of Providence at 6:30am. Yes, we left for the airport at 3am. We used Mears to get from MCO to Caribbean Beach. We checked in at 10:45am and our room was ready. We spent the day exploring the resort, took the Skyliner to Pop and AoA and explored over there, and had dinner at Sebastian’s Bistro.

We very easily could had quickly changed and been to Typhoon Lagoon by noon time. Six hours would have been plenty of time for us to enjoy the day, head back, have a quick service dinner and be to bed at a reasonable time. I actually do think we would use this perk in the future.
Agree, we definitely plan to take advantage. Even if we don’t get much time there, it’s free, so who cares! We otherwise probably wouldn’t visit the water parks, since the cost difference is so high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom