Trip Report No Grit, No Pearl: a 30th Anniversary Trip

Ahoy Mateys! Or anniversary trip has come and gone. Before I report on this trip, please take a trip down memory lane with me.
We were wed on August 6, 1994 and we arrived on our Honeymoon trip on August 7. We stayed at the Polynesian and I wish I could remember the building we stayed in! I know we were on the first floor, and we were not super close to the pool. I recall visiting Discovery Island on our first day.
IMG_7840.jpg
IMG_7839.jpg
IMG_7838.jpg

I remember E being paranoid that a bird was going to 💩 on him because there were birds everywhere!
At the time Animal Kingdom did not yet exist, but I do have some photos of the other 3 parks.
Here are some from MGM Studios:
IMG_7819.jpg

The fountain that is still there.
IMG_7820.jpg

Also still there.
IMG_7821.jpg
IMG_7822.jpg

Long gone.
IMG_7823.jpg

From a parade. These camels are now at Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
IMG_7824.jpg

Mickey and Mr. Miyagi!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
IMG_7837.jpg

This is obviously from the Luau. I remember making the reservation in the Poly lobby. 🌺
Here are some from Epcot:
IMG_7827.jpg
IMG_7828 (1).jpg

There was a character breakfast at Coral Reef. I'm pretty sure our travel agent made the reservation in advance for this one.
IMG_7825.jpg

Scuba Mickey!
IMG_7830.jpg

Illuminations was not a thing yet. There must have been a different nighttime show, but I don't recall the name.

BigDis

Thanks for sharing these pictures. Many great memories for you, I'm sure. My favorite parade has always been Mickey Mania! I remember seeing it in 1995 with our children ages 5 and 2 at the time. This made my day. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip...Oh yeah...I'm number 1!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Congrats on 30 years❣️

Love the throwback photos. We also visited in summer 1994 - 5 nights at the newly-opened All Star Sports (only the Surf buildings were open). The room was $88/night and the total vacation for 4 (food, tickets, and souvenirs - Em was still free) was under $1500. Those were the days!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing these pictures. Many great memories for you, I'm sure. My favorite parade has always been Mickey Mania! I remember seeing it in 1995 with our children ages 5 and 2 at the time. This made my day. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip...Oh yeah...I'm number 1!
Thanks for following along!
Thanks for sharing, those pictures are so incredible!! Love the fashions!!
Can’t wait to read the report!
When DD saw the aztec-ish outfit, she said, "that outfit!" I'm taking it as a compliment even thought I'm quite sure it wasn't meant as one. 🤣 She did approve of the blue striped dress though!
Happy Anniversary Hearts GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Congratulation on 30 years! And thanks for the great photos!
Thanks Thank You GIF by Rory

Awesome to see those photos! Happy Anniversary!
Thank U GIF by The Good Type Co

Congrats on 30 years❣️

Love the throwback photos. We also visited in summer 1994 - 5 nights at the newly-opened All Star Sports (only the Surf buildings were open). The room was $88/night and the total vacation for 4 (food, tickets, and souvenirs - Em was still free) was under $1500. Those were the days!
Thanks a bunch! 😍Those were the days, for sure! In hindsight, I wish we would have explored all the resorts. We did the DVC tour, but since I didn't even have a job yet and we didn't have a house, it wasn't feasible.
Happy Anniversary!

And I absolutely loved that parade!
Thanks Love GIF by FOMO Duck

Love your memory lane pictures!
Fun Thank You GIF by Carawrrr

Loving the great start to your TR -- all those fun, retro photos!! :happy:
Thank U GIF by chiara

Happy Anniversary! Can’t wait to hear about your trip!
Thank U GIF

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Okay, so let's get this most recent trip report started. Full disclosure, I did not take notes, so I am relying on my pictures to remind me.
We flew out of Detroit on the morning of Sunday, August 4th. We opted for the Mears shuttle, and grocery delivery from Kroger. We had seen the Kroger delivery truck on our last trip and since that is our go to grocery store at home, we wanted to try it. It went off without a hitch although I did have to wait a bit for our delivery time. The problem with the Mears shuttle is that it's hard to predict exactly when you will arrive at your resort. There was some alcohol in our order, so I had to be there to receive it. Wouldn't you know that our room was ready when we got there....highly unusual for us!
DSC07892.JPG

Stood out here for quite some time waiting for our delivery. Bell services could not have been any nicer or more helpful. They loaded our bags and then wheeled the cart out to the delivery truck for our groceries.
We headed to our room in Moorea.
DSC07893.JPG

I had requested a 3rd floor room through DVC and my wish was granted! This was a corner room.
DSC07894.JPG
DSC07895.JPG

This view did NOT suck!
DSC07897.JPG
DSC07898.JPG
DSC07899.JPG

I took a couple photos of the Murphy bed because I couldn't remember if it was new. DD has informed me that it's NOT new, and that she's worried about my memory. Same, girl, same!
DSC07896.JPG

DSC07900.JPG

We called Bell Services as soon as we got in the room, and had to wait a little while for our belongings to be delivered.
Once we were settled in, we walked over to the TTC and hopped on the monorail to MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom