Disney Cruise Line Fleet Expansion

Disone

It really depends which ship you started with. Those who start with the Wish generally continue to prefer it over the other ships.
While I can agree that it performs well for people who have not been on Disney Cruise line before, I have never heard Disney Cruise line sources tell me anything that aligns with the other ships under performing if they go on the Wish first.

peter11435

While I can agree that it performs well for people who have not been on Disney Cruise line before, I have never heard Disney Cruise line sources tell me anything that aligns with the other ships under performing if they go on the Wish first.
It’s true

That’s not to say that some don’t prefer the older ships. However, the classic ships score lower overall from people whose first experience was on the Wish.

mickEblu

Magic has the aqua dunk which is far more thrilling than the aqua duck. Easily the most thrilling water slide in the entire fleet. A true thrill slide. They both have a much longer yellow Mickey water slide That the entire family may enjoy versus the kids only versions on the dream in fantasy.

The magic and wonder might be older but they're not backtracks. If you haven't been on them they'll be new to you and they'll be fantastic. You won't regret it.

When it comes to Disney Cruise line I think you'll find a large population of Disney Cruise line repeat gst who will confirm for you that both bigger and newer is not better. In fact as compared to the Dream I believe if your next cruise is on the magic or wonder you'll be quite pleased whereas if it's on the Wish I think you'll be disappointed.

Edit : The safest bet for you probably is the Disney Fantasy since you liked the dream so much. Fantasy is an upgraded version of the dream. Same basic ship but with a better adult area.

I’m coming around to the idea of my next cruise being on the Wonder. Might pull the trigger on a cruise to Mexico this Spring. With the kids in tow, I’m in the mood for convenience and you can beat a 2.5 hour drive to San Diego, parking your car, walking onto the cruise ship and pretty much being done. Also considering the Wonder might only have 5-10 years left it would be nice to look back and say I sailed on every Disney ship class. I have plenty of time to get on one of the newer ships. We’re also considering Aulani. WDW is where we really want to go but have decided we’re going to wait til my youngest hits 40 inches which most likely won’t be until early 2026. Doesn’t hurt that the Wonder seems to be many people’s favorite ship. Like I said before the only let down would be not having the Aqua duck or Mouse to ride with my son who l loved it or the cooler kids club.

Last edited:

peter11435

I’m coming around to the idea of my next cruise being on the Wonder. Might pull the trigger on a cruise to Mexico this Spring. With the kids in tow, I’m in the mood for convenience and you can beat a 2.5 hour drive to San Diego, parking your car, walking onto the cruise ship and pretty much being done. Also considering the Wonder might only have 5-10 years left it would be nice to look back and say I sailed on every Disney ship class. I have plenty of time to get on one of the newer ships. We’re also considering Aulani. WDW is where we really want to go but have decided we’re going to wait til my youngest hits 40 inches which most likely won’t be until early 2026. Doesn’t hurt that the Wonder seems to be many people’s favorite ship. Like I said before the only let down would be not having the Aqua duck or Mouse to ride with my son who l loved it or the cooler kids club.
Do it! Highly recommend the Wonder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom