Caribbean Beach Resort - Should I get a preferred room or keep my standard King room? Or just stay at POFQ? (November 2024)

tanc

Original Poster
I see many posts say that you should put in a request for Jamaica or Aruba, which seems to nullify the entire reason for a preferred room. The preferred rooms seem to place you closer to the main building obviously. Alternatively I was looking at the French Quarters since I've always heard great things about that resort and I may try and grab one of those since they do seem a bit cheaper and the walk distance seems much more manageable.

Still debating about adding another night to my stay though, but I would be able to use the Skyliner vs just the buses obviously. I'm just curious as to if CBR is more or less very situational compared to POFQ.

JIMINYCR

Ultimately just switched to POFQ, thanks.
I think youll enjoy POFQ a lot, we are headed there in Oct. and have stayed there multiple times. The skyliner is nice to try anyway for the experience. Bus service has mostly been positive on all our trips. Occasionally you will have a bus make the route around to stops at PORS which lengthens the ride to the parks. Take advantage of the b oat service to DS, which is a leisurely trip down river. Make sure to fit in the evening entertainment at both PORS and POFQ.

tanc

Original Poster
I think youll enjoy POFQ a lot, we are headed there in Oct. and have stayed there multiple times. The skyliner is nice to try anyway for the experience. Bus service has mostly been positive on all our trips. Occasionally you will have a bus make the route around to stops at PORS which lengthens the ride to the parks. Take advantage of the b oat service to DS, which is a leisurely trip down river. Make sure to fit in the evening entertainment at both PORS and POFQ.
Last time I tried using Skyliner was 2020, and at that time I thought it sucked (mostly due to the restrictions put in place at the time). It's probably better now I'm sure, but at the same time gambling on my room location just doesn't seem worth it to me. Could stay at the pop, but tbh would rather a quieter place and in my experience POP is very hit or miss depending on where they put you as well. Managed to snag a river view from POFQ for the time I'm going and seems like a lovely small resort.

JIMINYCR

Last time I tried using Skyliner was 2020, and at that time I thought it sucked (mostly due to the restrictions put in place at the time). It's probably better now I'm sure, but at the same time gambling on my room location just doesn't seem worth it to me. Could stay at the pop, but tbh would rather a quieter place and in my experience POP is very hit or miss depending on where they put you as well. Managed to snag a river view from POFQ for the time I'm going and seems like a lovely small resort.
Its just a conveyance from one spot to another. When it first opened everyone wanted to ride because of the thrill of the new thing and they expected grand views from above. Well it does give you some nice arial sights but nothing overly spectacular. Youll encounter less lines to ride now compared to earlier, it still runs into weather related shut downs and some people find the cabins uncomfortable. If you didnt like it back then, nothing has made it better.
POFQ is very quaint, less crowded or noisy, staffing very accommodating. there is a nice walikg path along the river that connects the sister resorts. Makes for a nice evening stroll.

mf1972

we’ve stayed at FQ a few times ourselves & had a king bed also. it made the room feel like we had more space, & we always had a corner room which was nice. we’ve never had a bad experience there. we once toured CB, & its large & very spread out. to each their own. hope you have a nice stay.

Basil of Baker Street

Good thing about Orleans is it's pretty much 2 resorts in one. FQ is my preferred of the 2 to stay at. RS has more going on. About a 10 minute leisurely walk between resorts.

For CB, to me Jamaica is the better option with a Aruba being a very close 2nd. There is 2 reasons for that.
1. The walk to the CB Skyliner services 2 parks without having to transfer.
2. There is a Joffreys on the way.

If my stay was going to be an adult trip, I would probably be in EPCOT a bit more and would stay at Aruba.

Ghostdog

We stayed at CBR last year, stayed in Jamaica building 42 in a King room. It was the perfect location: 1. across the street from the skyliner hub that does, in fact, have a cute coffee shop at the base that also sells sweet breakfast pastries. 2. It’s close to a quiet pool. 3. There is a coke machine in with the vending/ice area. 4. Try Dinner at Sebastian’s it’s really good.

We really like not having to be packed into a bus every time we head to the parks. We absolutely LOVE having skyliner access.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom