Mickey & Co. And The Star Wars Parodies

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
What happened to the version of Characters in their SW outfits?
f0663188af109b38562363eabbd3e9c736c04cb4.jpg

Back before the full ownership you couldn't walk a foot into a store in the resort selling big figs, shirts, dolls, parody art of the characters in SW outfits, or humorous SW character shirts of Yoda with mouse ears or a storm trooper eating a Mickey Premium bar...Why did they decide to stop the "Funny Side" of Said Force?

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Probably lack of wanting to pay and schedule CM's to do it. So many times when we lose something we enjoy it comes down to the expenditure of time and money.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have no official knowledge but I would assume that the removal of Star Wars Weekends has something to do with at least the removal of the characters.

Batuu was always intended to be a "real" place in the SW universe. "Real" characters like Ren, Chewbacca, etc. roaming around fit that story. Jedi Mickey; not so much.

The merchandise, at least in SW:GE, probably followed the same theme.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I have no official knowledge but I would assume that the removal of Star Wars Weekends has something to do with at least the removal of the characters.

Batuu was always intended to be a "real" place in the SW universe. "Real" characters like Ren, Chewbacca, etc. roaming around fit that story. Jedi Mickey; not so much.

The merchandise, at least in SW:GE, probably followed the same theme.
But, you think they would allow them to still use them on the outskirts of Grand Ave or Tomorrowland since Star Tours is away from Batuu East/West. Or the rest of the resort via merchandise like before..

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Disney take Star Wars far too seriously. Under George Lucas the force was a lot more fun & happy to make fun of itself. Here in the UK we used to have great adverts with the droids and yoda, not as good as crystal beer but still fun, I bet Disney would never sanction this

I would say it started just around the "Show Your Disney Side" is when it started...Like with this ad.

Oh yeah, then there was this...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom