Trip Report Back Again, Already?

You: Really, Brifraz?
You: Another freaking trip report??
You: Are you seriously going to claim to be Live???
You: Why???

Me: 😉

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yup. Already here and enjoying ourselves. If you haven't followed along on the recent reports, our daughter is now doing the College Program and is down here all summer braving the heat of the Epcot parking lots so that YOU, intrepid traveler, can park safely and efficiently.

Which means that I and @MeffysMom are back again to visit with her, enjoy the parks, and just in general 'get our Disney on.' Last trip was a race weekend and a bit chaotic, so this one is going to be a little slower pace. Which should give me time to keep up a little more live!

Speaking of Live, it's 7:17am on Wednesday morning and we are getting prepped for a morning at Epcot with some breakfast at Akershus before a chill afternoon. However, that means, I've got to get you updated on yesterday's trip and arrival action!!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Left Chez Brifraz at 3am. Yup, you read that right, 3am (so, awake at 2:30am after going to bed at about 10:30pm). In general, with breaks, the drive takes us about 15 hours, so the hope was to get to Old Key West right around 6pm. Thanks to leaving that early, no real traffic in DC or Northern Virginia, and relatively smooth sailing until some storms in Georgia and northern Florida and then traffic in Jacksonville and (of course) on I4, we actually pulled into our parking spot for our room at 4:45pm. Along the way, I sometimes have to stave off boredom with little games to keep myself engaged. Some of those involve snacks...
IMG_2202.jpeg

Oh, and, yes, that is a CustomInk sticker on the car. Inkty somehow became a car mascot when our daughter was little and I made up a silly voice for him. This is the third car that has been blessed by his mighty presence!!

Upon our arrival, we got cleaned up and changed, and our daughter met us at OKW. And by 5:15pm we were at the Turtle Pond bus stop waiting for our bus to Epcot.
IMG_3924.JPG

I had only slept for about an hour and a half in the car during driver swaps, so the fact that my eyes were still open and I was functioning are a bit of a surprise. Took the bus over and were happily ready to rock through some Epcot.
IMG_3925.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

I've been very negligent in recent trip reports with my artsy-fartsy pictures, so I'm going to try to make sure I keep up with those this trip!!
IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

Our only plan for Epcot was dinner and we were HUNGRY. Lunch had been at 11:30am at Burger King along the drive, so we were ready for our 6:30pm Via Napoli!

And, it was delicious. Sadly, the pictures didn't happen until most of the damage was already done.
IMG_3931.JPG

That would be a half truffle oil and artichoke white pizza and half prosciutto and melon white pizza and some white Prosecco sangria, plus just off to the right, some tortellini.

After dinner, we were heading over to Hollywood Studios, but managed to stop for a few pictures (artistic merit is questionable) on the way.
IMG_3934.JPG
IMG_3937.JPG

And, happy to see the walls down in Morocco!
IMG_3938.JPG

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
While it was still pretty obnoxiously hot, we still managed to walk over to Hollywood Studios (also felt good to move around after the long time sitting in the car).
IMG_3940.JPG

We had time for one attraction, so we decided to do Mickey Minnie's Runaway Railway, which is now a personal favorite of mine. The line only took about 15 minutes. And then we were ready to ride!!
IMG_3941.JPG

Sadly, that was as far as we got. Ride went down right then, which meant that we now have a free Lightning Lane for use today! As we walked out, the projection show was going on, so got some pictures from the side view.
IMG_3942.JPG
IMG_3944.JPG
IMG_3950.JPG

Kinda fun to see the show from a different angle! After the show, we slowly moseyed our way back into Galaxy's Edge.
IMG_3963.JPG

The park was already closed at this point, but we had a late night ADR at Oga's - knowing that we would want a night cap after the very long day. There was already quite a bit of yawning going on, but we endured and enjoyed.

IMG_3965.JPG

And, we also made sure to get our Lothcat ceramic 'mug' - we've got quite a few of the specialty mugs from Trader Sam's and Oga's at home with plants in them, so needed to add that one to our collection (mug not pictured, but maybe later). After that... back to the room and quickly to sleep.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
The early morning progression…
IMG_3967.jpeg

It pays to know people! And here we go!
IMG_3968.jpeg
IMG_3969.jpeg
IMG_3970.jpeg

Just heading toward a rope drop and checking out Communicore hall - interested to see what it’s like during a Festival. That’s some heavy duty lighting in there.

Hmm…. Where are we heading??
IMG_3971.jpeg

I see something peeking out behind the trees.
IMG_3972.jpeg

Ooh, a clue! Or a queue??
IMG_3973.jpeg

Still not sure??
Here’s another hint.
IMG_3974.jpeg

Okay, time to learn the rules of the ride.
IMG_3975.jpeg

And… away we go!!
IMG_3979.jpeg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
The world now suitably soared over, we decided to stall a bit, hoping Guardians would open up. So we journeyed with water!

Nice to be in there with not many people and morning light.
IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3987.jpeg

Although, this next one was a little worrying…
IMG_3989.jpeg

Maybe not the best angle for a picture. The only other time I have seen Journey of Water was on the trip with 100+ kids and it was packed and I was stressed out. So it was nice to take our time and explore.
IMG_3991.jpeg

It was about 9:15 at this point and Guardians still hadn’t opened up, so we headed to Norway for a ride and some breakfast.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
I decided to enjoy our 25 minutes in line by enjoying our 25 minutes in line!
IMG_3993.jpeg

Planning a fishing trip.
IMG_3994.jpeg

And a little concerned about the last line on this one.
IMG_3998.jpeg

Insert random ride pics now.
IMG_4003.jpeg

IMG_4004.jpeg

After the ride it was about 10am and time for Akershus. Coincidentally Guardians got open about 9:45, but we decided to wait for that until after food. As we waited to get called, stopped in the stave church for some tales about the Norse gods
IMG_4005.jpeg

But then it became time to eat!
IMG_4006.jpeg

Food and Princess pictures coming soon.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Now that we were done in Norway or Arendelle or wherever... we headed to our Guardians of the Galaxy virtual queue time. (waving goodbye to Norway for now)
IMG_4008.JPG

If you've never been along for the ride on a Brifraz Trip Report... a little info about our trio. The girls - ride junkies. Every ride, any ride, no matter how extreme. But this guy - not so much. I'll do most anything once, but they've advised me against a few things knowing how it might impact my health!! I generally can do Guardians, but chock full of cheesy potatoes and all the other food from Akershus, we decided that perhaps it would be best for me to sit this one out.

So, while the girls helped save Earth from some really big cosmic dude who for some reason needed to steal some thingy from the aliens who look a lot like Glenn Close and Terry Crews... I enjoyed some entertainment around World Celebration. Forces of Nature by AntiGravity was a new one for me. And very enjoyable.
IMG_4010.JPG
IMG_4015 (1).jpg
IMG_4017 (1).jpg

But, after that it was time for THE PINNACLE OF EPCOT ENTERTAINMENT. Yes, you read that right, THE PINNACLE OF EPCOT ENTERTAINMENT. (well, at least they have been ever since Future Corps disbanded in 2000... those four years when both were active -and the Tubafours and Hollywood Hitmen were still around- were so awesome...). The Jammitors!!!
IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

After the show I (as always) talked to them for a few minutes and gently reminded them that in a few years there will be a band director retiring from his job in Maryland and moving to central Florida with a lot of percussion experience.

The girls were done on GotG, so it was time to head on out of the parks. But, not together. The girls were going to have a little 'girl time' and headed to get their nails done while I decided I needed one more ride!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
There they go.
IMG_4062.JPG

But wait? How did I get that picture?? Yup. Heading up the ramp for a ride on the... Monorail!
IMG_4063.JPG

Just did the loop to TTC and back. Let's give a nice wave to the folks at Swan and Dolphin.
IMG_4065.JPG

Be a little shocked at the VERY small number of vehicles headed into Magic Kingdom at 12pm on July 3rd.
IMG_4066.JPG

Then really enjoy the fact that among all this theme park insanity, there is some really delightful nature.
IMG_4068.JPG
IMG_4070.JPG

Gotta get a picture of the construction at Test Track (zoom in all you like... basically a lot of clearing out of the queue materials is all I could get from it).
IMG_4073.JPG

Epcot also looking suspiciously empty today.
IMG_4076.JPG

Of note, regarding those limited crowds... fully expect things to get quite crazy tonight and many folks are likely waiting for park time until later to be able to keep kids awake for fireworks AND it's hot (93 degrees with real feel of 102 right now).

After finishing my monorail loop, I got to do one last ride. ON TIANA!
IMG_4080.JPG

Sp, now it's just a little down time (girls still getting nails done) at Old Key West before heading to Studios again tonight and then over to Disney Springs for a bit as well. Hoping that the inevitable summer thunderstorms aren't too rough on us. See you later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom