Pre-Trip Are we really going back so soon? December 2024

So yall that read my trip report for May already know that we booked a bounceback offer before leaving WDW so that we could use those 2 free park tickets. Well, Disney should be proud to know that their "free" ticket plan worked and we are for sure returning to WDW in December - and this time I'm purchasing the MVMCP and Jollywood Night Tickets 😂 I just purchased plane tickets, party tickets, and travel insurance (if you know, you know LOL). This is the first time we've been more than once in a year so I'm super excited!! I told R that maybe it will help me get more comfortable on flights and maybe next time I can do one longer than 2 hours :) I am holding off on getting Mears until closer to the trip - I'm hoping that they release a Disney+ or Disney Visa room discount that has more selection than the bounceback offer at Riverside. I'm not complaining about Riverside though since it's our place but I would like to save a little extra money (or stay at AKL cheaper), if at all possible. This year's discount selection is not very good compared to past years.

When we went in December 2021 for the short 3 night stay, they didn't have the full Christmas Party just the abbreviated themed After Hours event. We loved it but I'm seriously looking forward to a full Christmas party though. And we've never done Jollywood Nights :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
December offers are already out. You are unlikely to beat your current POR bounceback rate for a moderate as that is the resort with the most empty rooms that Disney is trying to fill. Deluxe rates with these current offers are still much higher than POR. (That said, you can't go wrong with POR!)

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
🤞you have a drama free trip in December. We would love to go at that time of year but UK tourists get no deals at that time of year so it’s too expensive. We love reading and seeing photos from everyone’s reports from Christmas trips.

LeighM

Original Poster
December offers are already out. You are unlikely to beat your current POR bounceback rate for a moderate as that is the resort with the most empty rooms that Disney is trying to fill. Deluxe rates with these current offers are still much higher than POR. (That said, you can't go wrong with POR!)

I was hoping that we could upgrade our stay this trip since we're going during the Christmas season. We stayed at POFQ in Dec 2021 and spent time between the two resorts. I was really hoping to either upgrade our trip to AKL or do a split stay and add on a couple nights at the end of the trip for resort only. There were TONS of availability last year when we had the same week booked (but had to reschedule bc of Pippy). But very little this year, which is odd. Especially since Pop Warner, etc aren't happening. I'm hoping that it's not a sign that the week is going to be packed busy.

LeighM

Original Poster
🤞you have a drama free trip in December. We would love to go at that time of year but UK tourists get no deals at that time of year so it’s too expensive. We love reading and seeing photos from everyone’s reports from Christmas trips.

They really don't offer anything for UK visitors during the Christmas season??!! :oops:

LeighM

Original Poster
So I have a general outline in place:

Monday - early morning flight out, arrive in MCO around noon, then Jollywood Nights and enter HS at 6PM. Probably a quick service meal somewhere before go to HS. Probably Polite Pig 😂

Tuesday - sleep late, do whatever, and MVMCP at MK and enter around 4PM. I was thinking of going back to DS and getting Pepe again (my fav) for lunch and then an early dinner at Skipper's Canteen at 4:30. Or maybe a late lunch at Kona Cafe since I had to cancel my reservation for it in May.

Wednesday - sleep late and do whatever the heck we want for the rest of the day. This will probably be the best day to try for an Ohana dinner reservation (we prefer 3:30 timing) as that is R's primary request (since Polite Pig is just a given at this point LOL). Disney Springs Christmas Trail at night.

Thursday - Epcot, Festival of the Holidays, and fingers crossed I can get another Space 220 Lounge ADR.

Friday - Animal Kingdom and Boma dinner. Hopefully I broke the Boma curse and having it at the end of the trip will be okay!

Saturday - flying home

I did get trip insurance just in case :) We feel kinda guilty about this trip because we know we should be adulting and putting all this money into our funds for a down payment for that forever home that keeps eluding us. We were going to make an offer on a house that was "good enough" that had been on the market for months because it was overpriced. But while discussing it with our realtor, the sellers decided their best option was to actually RAISE the price. At that point our realtor was like these sellers are not going to be open for negotiation so we didn't even submit an offer. After weeks of still no movement, they removed it from the market. It's currently sitting empty so I'm not sure what their next course of action will be. I'm just so disgusted and over this current housing market. So we're doing what all responsible adults do - we're running away to WDW for a week 😁

And keep your fingers crossed that we don't have another July 4th cluster over here with the neighbors from hell!! We really thought we would be away from here by now. Tomorrow is the 8th anniversary of my mom's death and I'm really feeling it this year. I'm glad I have this Disney trip to distract me.

LeighM

Original Poster
No unfortunately they don’t. We are going again September 2025 and getting a really good deal.

We were thinking of doing a long weekend trip to WDW in either September or October just to do another Mickey's Halloween party but we can't plan for it in advance because we have horrible luck with hurricanes that time of year. I hope you have a great time next year and have better luck than us LOL!

LeighM

Original Poster
I just bought my tickets today for MVMCP and Jollywood Nights. I was on the fence about the Jollywood tickets but FOMO got me. Have a great trip!

The videos from last year's event looked interesting. But after the Dec 2021 trip, I learned that I really like the Christmas decorations at HS. The other thing that convinced me to do Jollywood Nights this year was the free PhotoPass downloads since we weren't planning on getting Memory Maker. I'm hoping that they don't have Rise of the Resistance be another virtual queue during the event but it won't be a big deal if it is - as long as I don't forget to make the reservation LOL. I've only ever done one other After Hours event at HS and we had a blast! We don't do that many rides in that park so we can concentrate more of the characters and special shows. The only attractions we want to do are Rise, Toy Story Mania, and Runaway Railway.

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
So I have a general outline in place:

Monday - early morning flight out, arrive in MCO around noon, then Jollywood Nights and enter HS at 6PM. Probably a quick service meal somewhere before go to HS. Probably Polite Pig 😂

Tuesday - sleep late, do whatever, and MVMCP at MK and enter around 4PM. I was thinking of going back to DS and getting Pepe again (my fav) for lunch and then an early dinner at Skipper's Canteen at 4:30. Or maybe a late lunch at Kona Cafe since I had to cancel my reservation for it in May.

Wednesday - sleep late and do whatever the heck we want for the rest of the day. This will probably be the best day to try for an Ohana dinner reservation (we prefer 3:30 timing) as that is R's primary request (since Polite Pig is just a given at this point LOL). Disney Springs Christmas Trail at night.

Thursday - Epcot, Festival of the Holidays, and fingers crossed I can get another Space 220 Lounge ADR.

Friday - Animal Kingdom and Boma dinner. Hopefully I broke the Boma curse and having it at the end of the trip will be okay!

Saturday - flying home

I did get trip insurance just in case :) We feel kinda guilty about this trip because we know we should be adulting and putting all this money into our funds for a down payment for that forever home that keeps eluding us. We were going to make an offer on a house that was "good enough" that had been on the market for months because it was overpriced. But while discussing it with our realtor, the sellers decided their best option was to actually RAISE the price. At that point our realtor was like these sellers are not going to be open for negotiation so we didn't even submit an offer. After weeks of still no movement, they removed it from the market. It's currently sitting empty so I'm not sure what their next course of action will be. I'm just so disgusted and over this current housing market. So we're doing what all responsible adults do - we're running away to WDW for a week 😁

And keep your fingers crossed that we don't have another July 4th cluster over here with the neighbors from hell!! We really thought we would be away from here by now. Tomorrow is the 8th anniversary of my mom's death and I'm really feeling it this year. I'm glad I have this Disney trip to distract me.
I really hope you have a quiet day tomorrow especially with it being your mums anniversary. It will be 15 years on Saturday of our beloved dad passing and mum was 11 years last February and I felt quite emotional this week. It shows they are always in our hearts and thoughts.🥰

MotherofaPrincessLover

The videos from last year's event looked interesting. But after the Dec 2021 trip, I learned that I really like the Christmas decorations at HS. The other thing that convinced me to do Jollywood Nights this year was the free PhotoPass downloads since we weren't planning on getting Memory Maker. I'm hoping that they don't have Rise of the Resistance be another virtual queue during the event but it won't be a big deal if it is - as long as I don't forget to make the reservation LOL. I've only ever done one other After Hours event at HS and we had a blast! We don't do that many rides in that park so we can concentrate more of the characters and special shows. The only attractions we want to do are Rise, Toy Story Mania, and Runaway Railway.
It looks like Rise will be a standby for the party. I wonder how long the line will be?

LeighM

Original Poster
It looks like Rise will be a standby for the party. I wonder how long the line will be?

Oh what a bummer!! I'm hoping that the lines will be lower since the line should be constantly moving barring any ride breakdowns. Hopefully that won't happen during the nights we're there🤞 Does that mean that each guest can only ride once?

LeighM

Original Poster
I really hope you have a quiet day tomorrow especially with it being your mums anniversary. It will be 15 years on Saturday of our beloved dad passing and mum was 11 years last February and I felt quite emotional this week. It shows they are always in our hearts and thoughts.🥰

So sorry for your loss. Grief is such a weird emotion. Some days I'll be fine and then I'll see something at the grocery store that she would like and it's like I've been punched in the stomach when I remember she's no longer here. What makes it especially hard with Mom is that my in laws in particular don't understand why I'm not always up to join them during their cookouts on July 4th. It's hard to be happy and celebrate the day my Mom died as July 4th means something completely different to me now. If I do go, then I'm accused of bringing down the mood with my sadness

LeighM

Original Poster
A cousin I've never met in person will be arriving in WDW right before we leave so I'm trying to make plans to meet up with her. Fingers crossed! I'm really hoping that the boats between POR and DS will be running while we're there to make transfers so much easier. I missed them not running in May because the lines for the POR were always so long at DS! Never did get the beignets. I realized that I also have to find time to resort hop between the resorts to see the Christmas decorations. I guess Epcot day will be the resorts there. I'll see the decor at AKL during Boma day. The GF and Poly either before MVMCP or Ohana day if I'm lucky enough to get an ADR. Any other Christmas decorated resort lobbies that I should try and see while there?

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
So sorry for your loss. Grief is such a weird emotion. Some days I'll be fine and then I'll see something at the grocery store that she would like and it's like I've been punched in the stomach when I remember she's no longer here. What makes it especially hard with Mom is that my in laws in particular don't understand why I'm not always up to join them during their cookouts on July 4th. It's hard to be happy and celebrate the day my Mom died as July 4th means something completely different to me now. If I do go, then I'm accused of bringing down the mood with my sadness
I feel so sad for you that your in laws don’t understand how you are feeling. My heart goes out to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom