Hall of Presidents (Pre-Obama)

hallofpresidents

Original Poster
After the obama refurbishment of Disney's Hall of Presidents which opened on July 4, 2009 (soft-opened I believe on June 28, 2009), Hall of Presidents switched to digital technology projections instead of slides and film reels. Also, most of their presidents had their skin, suit, and wigs replaced, including some like Abraham Lincoln.

The animatronic used for President George W. Bush (previously President Clinton before 2001) from the previous version was most likely repurposed into the then-new speaking version of George Washington for the 2009 version, evidenced by the movements being almost identical to that of President Bush.

Did some Disney Imagineers save some of the old slides and film reels from the older version after obama's refurbishment (as Disney no longer needed it), as does old skin, wigs, and costumes for the presidents?

Goofyernmost

After the obama refurbishment of Disney's Hall of Presidents which opened on July 4, 2009 (soft-opened I believe on June 28, 2009), Hall of Presidents switched to digital technology projections instead of slides and film reels. Also, most of their presidents had their skin, suit, and wigs replaced, including some like Abraham Lincoln.

The animatronic used for President George W. Bush (previously President Clinton before 2001) from the previous version was most likely repurposed into the then-new speaking version of George Washington for the 2009 version, evidenced by the movements being almost identical to that of President Bush.

Did some Disney Imagineers save some of the old slides and film reels from the older version after obama's refurbishment (as Disney no longer needed it), as does old skin, wigs, and costumes for the presidents?
I don't recall George Washington having a speaking part in it. All I remember was Lincoln for years and then Lincoln and whomever the current President was starting with Clinton, I think. Is it just a faulty memory?

TrainsOfDisney

I don't recall George Washington having a speaking part in it. All I remember was Lincoln for years and then Lincoln and whomever the current President was starting with Clinton, I think. Is it just a faulty memory?
The original ended with the roll call and Lincoln’s Speech.

Presidents Clinton and Bush each gave a speech followed by Lincoln’s speech.

The next version of the show had President Lincoln give a speech during the Lincoln section of the history, then after the role call George Washington gave a short speech which ended with the sitting president reciting the oath of office.

Presidents Obama and Trump both recited the oath and then gave a short speech.

President Biden only recites the oath.

Martin has tributes of all of the versions online if anyone is curious!

hallofpresidents

Original Poster
I’m sure there are things saved in the archives, not sure
Only two known stuff are in the archives, the first being a hand which captions being used in 2016 (its long, either for Lincoln or obama idk, trump had tiny hands for his version) and second being Trumps old head, both were at a disney100 exhibit. Imagineers would likely to keep old slides, animatronic wigs, and skins removed during maintenance

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom