Walt Disney World Holiday Season 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has announced the 2024 Candlelight Processional Celebrity Narrator lineup:
  • 11/29 – 11/30 Josh Gad
  • 12/1 – 12/2 Nico Santos (NEW)
  • 12/3-12/5 Chrissy Metz
  • 12/6 – 12/7 Whoopi Goldberg
  • 12/8 – 12/10 Tituss Burgess (NEW)
  • 12/11 – 12/12 Brendan Fraser
  • 12/13 – 12/14 Ralph Macchio (NEW)
  • 12/15 – 12/16 Gary Sinise
  • 12/17 – 12/18 Neil Patrick Harris
  • 12/19 – 12/21 Pat Sajak
  • 12/22 – 12/23 Gloria Estefan
  • 12/24 – 12/26 Edward James Olmos
  • 12/27 – 12/28 Sterling K Brown
  • 12/29 – 12/30 Jodi Benson
Dining packages go on sale October 29.

Comped

Disney has announced the 2024 Candlelight Processional Celebrity Narrator lineup:
  • 11/29 – 11/30 Josh Gad
  • 12/1 – 12/2 Nico Santos (NEW)
  • 12/3-12/5 Chrissy Metz
  • 12/6 – 12/7 Whoopi Goldberg
  • 12/8 – 12/10 Tituss Burgess (NEW)
  • 12/11 – 12/12 Brendan Fraser
  • 12/13 – 12/14 Ralph Macchio (NEW)
  • 12/15 – 12/16 Gary Sinise
  • 12/17 – 12/18 Neil Patrick Harris
  • 12/19 – 12/21 Pat Sajak
  • 12/22 – 12/23 Gloria Estefan
  • 12/24 – 12/26 Edward James Olmos
  • 12/27 – 12/28 Sterling K Brown
  • 12/29 – 12/30 Jodi Benson
Dining packages go on sale October 29.

Solid list this year. Legitimately I actually recognize every name on this list.

Disone

I really tried to enjoy this several times, and quite honestly it's been dreadful every time. I don't understand why they keep bringing this back. I never see it really draw any significant crowd, usually just a small handful of people which any of the storytellers around the world are capable of doing just by themselves. So this seems like a lot of performers and effort to get the very same crowd that a single storyteller can get.

At least it's not front center blocking the view of the lagoon this year .

That's a good move.

James Alucobond

crushed noo GIF

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I really tried to enjoy this several times, and quite honestly it's been dreadful every time. I don't understand why they keep bringing this back. I never see it really draw any significant crowd, usually just a small handful of people which any of the storytellers around the world are capable of doing just by themselves. So this seems like a lot of performers and effort to get the very same crowd that a single storyteller can get.

At least it's not front center blocking the view of the lagoon this year .

That's a good move.
Their problem is that the singers aren't good at singing. Doesn't matter if their songs are about faith or just secular... you still need to sing well to perform well. And they don't.

Disney would do better to create their own gospel choir.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Their problem is that the singers aren't good at singing. Doesn't matter if their songs are about faith or just secular... you still need to sing well to perform well. And they don't.
100% agree.
To me, screaming loudly is not singing.
200w (4).gif

Has joyful gotten worse over the years?
Idk, I've heard them (how can you not?, lol) every December since they started, all I know is I've never enjoyed any of their performances.

ToTBellHop

If I learned anything as a Catholic schoolboy, it’s that you need not be able to sing when singing to the Lord.

The Choir in Mass sounded like the nuns in the beginning of Sister Act. I’m imagining this group sounding similar. “Alma, check the battery!”

I do like how Candlelight has been cleaned up in recent years.

aladdin2007

100% agree.
To me, screaming loudly is not singing.
View attachment 821102

Idk, I've heard them (how can you not?, lol) every December since they started, all I know is I've never enjoyed any of their performances.
this is something Disney has been doing lately across the board, not only with singing performances but area music in general, anyone walked by the Italy pavilion lately? I mean cmon. The blaring decimals, I don't get what they are trying to push.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom