News 2024 Fourth of July Fireworks, Extended Hours, and Entertainment

IanDLBZF

@Starship824 Noted this on another post:

Looking at the updated Parks Blog article, Disney has also removed the extended hours announcement.

Before/After:

View attachment 793537View attachment 793538
Shocked Ice Cube GIF

diggity16

Thought a bit on this, this seems super strange. I get if like 3 months after the announcement they decide they don't have enough people coming, but what changed in like 3 days? Did they think a bunch of people would head down in 2 weeks because of this announcement?
Agreed I’m super annoyed by this. We were pumped about the schedule change and tried to convince friends to come down. But even still — why not just make it a great experience for the ppl who are there? You know create some good word of mouth and all that jazz.

gerarar

Premium Member
Thought a bit on this, this seems super strange. I get if like 3 months after the announcement they decide they don't have enough people coming, but what changed in like 3 days? Did they think a bunch of people would head down in 2 weeks because of this announcement?
If this was really a mistake and they only intended on doing one show/night, it would be too late now to order the pyro for a second show.

Pyro orders are usually planned months ahead as they are shipped internationally from different suppliers.

So the decision was made months ago to do only one show (as in the past) rather in the last three days. This was just probably a miscommunication error on the marketing side.

LSLS

If this was really a mistake and they only intended on doing one show/night, it would be too late now to order the pyro for a second show.

Pyro orders are usually planned months ahead as they are shipped internationally from different suppliers.

So the decision was made months ago to do only one show (as in the past) rather in the last three days. This was just probably a miscommunication error on the marketing side.
Kind of a large mistake to not just have that but also post expanded hours which you then take back.

Squishy

Have they always done a full test run thru of 4th of july fireworks at Epcot pre 2019? The past 4 years they've done 1-2 full test runs it due to equipment changes so they technically budget in 2-3 shows.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Have they always done a full test run thru of 4th of july fireworks at Epcot pre 2019? The past 4 years they've done 1-2 full test runs it due to equipment changes so they technically budget in 2-3 shows.
Have they done any this year yet?

DisneyFanatic12

This was just probably a miscommunication error on the marketing side.
Agreed, looks like a huge error from our side, but for someone on the marketing team the error might have been hard to spot.

And it’s really close to the 3rd for there to be any large increase in travel. If they wanted to bring in a bunch of locals it would probably be cheaper just to offer a discount, but I don’t know all the financials and the estimated amount spent per guest.

Still super sad, I love the fireworks shows show much.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Anyone have any idea on whether the full 360 will ever return to Magic Kingdom? I'm just going to assume it's not happening this year so will it ever happen? Next year maybe with the idea that they're trying to get entertainment ready for Epic Universe?

jrhwdw

Anyone have any idea on whether the full 360 will ever return to Magic Kingdom? I'm just going to assume it's not happening this year so will it ever happen? Next year maybe with the idea that they're trying to get entertainment ready for Epic Universe?
I thought old school 360 wasn't possible anymore with TRON and DE's setup?

Or can MK find new Pyro Spots?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom