Relief band for motion sickness

Ghostdog

Unfortunately I can get quite motion sick on certain rides. I’m wondering if anyone has purchased and used the ReliefBand I keep seeing advertised on social media. Does it work and is it worth the investment?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The only effect they have is the placebo effect and even that was shown to be pretty limited.

Ginger has been shown to produce some anti-nausea effects, but it is not long-lasting and it is often best used to "settle your stomach" rather than as a preventative.

What I have found works best for me is to start taking 24 hour Dramamine daily before bed 48 hours before a trip. I keep Dramamine Ginger chews on hand in case I push it too far.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
The only effect they have is the placebo effect and even that was shown to be pretty limited.

Ginger has been shown to produce some anti-nausea effects, but it is not long-lasting and it is often best used to "settle your stomach" rather than as a preventative.

What I have found works best for me is to start taking 24 hour Dramamine daily before bed 48 hours before a trip. I keep Dramamine Ginger chews on hand in case I push it too far.
Thanks for the reply. I always have Dramamine in my pocket. I’ve never tried the ginger chews, I’ll look into those.

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

Thanks for the tip about the pressure bands. I get motion sickness fairly easily and my wife wants us to go on a cruise. I was considering wearing one of those but not anymore.

For Disney and Universal, I take regular Dramamine a few hours before I head to the parks. It seems to help a little, although I will probably never go on TRON or GotG again. Maybe I'll try the ginger chews in addition to the pills the next time I go.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the tip about the pressure bands. I get motion sickness fairly easily and my wife wants us to go on a cruise. I was considering wearing one of those but not anymore.

For Disney and Universal, I take regular Dramamine a few hours before I head to the parks. It seems to help a little, although I will probably never go on TRON or GotG again. Maybe I'll try the ginger chews in addition to the pills the next time I go.
I did this when I was younger and it worked fairly well. The efficacy waned as I got older. I stumbled upon an article that suggested taking 24 hour less drowzy Dramamine (Meclizine HCI 25mg) nightly for a couple days prior to needing it. That seemed to work much better. Taking it at night also seemed to minimize the side effects.

Upvote 0

Pirate's Life

Attachments

• patch.jpg
    patch.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom