Grand Floridian Advice!

Schweino

Original Poster
The other day I posted about choosing AKL or BC. Welp, today I put in a request to David's DVC rental just to see what would happen, and what I got back was The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian - Resort Studio - Lake/Lagoon View. I'm a tad shocked honestly but alas! Never stayed at VGF before.

Comparing Costs:
Current reservation (12/8 FQ, 12/9-12/13 at AKL, utilizing free dining promo and adding costs for a one night stay 12/8 with food that day): 5457
VGF w/ park tickets, estimated food costs (I broke it out really well, so its fairly accurate), one night stay/meals on 12/8 at FQ and trip insurance: 5400

The main issue: We wanted to do 12/8 - 12/13 instead of 12/9. I was planning to wait for Disney's December resort discounts that hopefully come out to adjust the reservation, give up the free dining promo and instead use the other one (where I was looking at switching to BC). This would also prevent us from switching hotels twice (We are doing US 12/5 checking out 12/8). US > Resort instead of US > One night stay > VGF. This would also allow us to book dining for our entire trip at once, instead of having to wake up 60 days from 12/8 and then again the next day to do 12/9-12/12.

The remodeled rooms at VGF aren't my favorite; not a Poppins guy. But staying at GF during the Holidays is really hard to pass up because of how pretty it is there. Also unsure if construction will be complete, but anticipating it is?

Dump me with your thoughts!

Schweino

Original Poster
I tried to find an option to delete post - maybe I am blind. After spending 24 hours going over the choice with my wife who's out of town we lost the resy. Oh well - wasn't meant to be!

RoadiJeff

The Delete button should be right there at the bottom of your post.

delete button.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom