Beach Club during Holidays - thoughts?

Schweino

Hey everyone! So currently we are booked for 12/9 - 12/13 for Disney (Universal beforehand) at AKL as part of the Free Dining promotion for Visa card holders. We would like to check into Disney 12/8 instead of 12/9, but I can't do that with the current promotion, I would have to book a second reservation for one night per Disney CS.

I am anticipating some type of room discount coming in the future (possibly soon based on last year, but not guaranteed) for December travel. When looking at the December discounts from last year and doing hypothetical math, Beach Club seems intriguing. Proximity to Epcot and Skyliner (wifes family is staying at CBR), having a cool pool area to take our nephew to, and having a breakfast buffet there seems great. The only thing I seem to be giving up is having a big ol christmas tree in the lobby.

What are your thoughts on Beach Club, especially compared to AKL?

EDIT: Food options are actually not a consideration. We've eaten at Boma before and it's not on our wish list for our trip. Cape May breakfast is the only thing we *may* do if we cant get a resy at 1900 Park.

Last edited:

cbarry26

Beach Club is awesome all around. Personally, it suits me far more than Animal Kingdom Lodge. Walk into Epcot. Boat or walk to Studios. Best pool anywhere. Walk around boardwalk at night. Balconies!
Beach looks great at Christmas and so does Yacht next door. Awesome gingerbread displays.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
That’s a tough one, choosing between the two resorts.

I think the Beach Club carousel is the best gingerbread display anywhere on property.

Just one thing though. If your nephew is staying at CBR, you won’t be able to take him into SAB without him being on your reservation. They are really strict on that, they will scan everyone’s magic band to get into the pool area, even for children.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
That’s a tough one, choosing between the two resorts.

I think the Beach Club carousel is the best gingerbread display anywhere on property.

Just one thing though. If your nephew is staying at CBR, you won’t be able to take him into SAB without him being on your reservation. They are really strict on that, they will scan everyone’s magic band to get into the pool area, even for children.
Dang - I can understand adults having to scan, but scanning the kids?!

Upvote 0

Captain_Awesome

I haven’t stayed at AKL, but I’ll second everything cbarry said. We were there for our first trip with kids last December (and honeymooned at YC 10 years prior). It’s a beautiful atmosphere for the holidays. Not as big but YC next door has a great nautically decorated Christmas tree, perfect for family photos. The walkability/transportation is a huge plus. Aside from home it’s the only place I’d want to be for the holiday season.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
I haven’t stayed at AKL, but I’ll second everything cbarry said. We were there for our first trip with kids last December (and honeymooned at YC 10 years prior). It’s a beautiful atmosphere for the holidays. Not as big but YC next door has a great nautically decorated Christmas tree, perfect for family photos. The walkability/transportation is a huge plus. Aside from home it’s the only place I’d want to be for the holiday seaso
If only the YC had microwaves and a fridge instead of a "beverage cooler". I really enjoyed the rooms and lobby area.

Upvote 0

Marionnette

If only the YC had microwaves and a fridge instead of a "beverage cooler". I really enjoyed the rooms and lobby area.
I don't think that BC rooms have microwave ovens and they might have beverage coolers as well. The DVC studios and villas at BC definitely have microwaves and I know the villas (1BR and 2 BR) have full fridges. The studios may or may not have mini fridges.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom