Special Experiences for 2 year old?

lyssa13

Will be visiting with my husband and 2 year old daughter in November (the week before Thanksgiving) and staying at GF for 4 nights.

I grew up going to WDW two or three times a year but haven’t been since 2019. I’m looking most forward to special Disney moments that she can enjoy and honestly think beyond a day spent at MK, that I’d like to spend the rest of our trip outside the parks.

I can see me possibly changing my mind but if I didn’t - what are your favorite non park ways to make a trip special for a toddler?

I already am planning on pool time and a monorail and boat resort hop (one of my favorite memories of WDW growing up were all the hotels).

Any of your favorite things at GF/Contemporary/Poly? Or Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge? Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk?

Character dining outside of the park that’s worth it?

Anything else I’m not thinking about? Thank you so much!

JIMINYCR

1900 Park Fare at GF has just reopened with new characters and is getting great reviews.
Travel to Art of Animation and walk around to view the huge character areas. Great opportunity for pictures.
May be late for a 2yo but the electric water pageant that goes on on the Bay Lake is colorful and musical.

Upvote 0

lyssa13

Original Poster
Will be visiting with my husband and 2 year old daughter in November (the week before Thanksgiving) and staying at GF for 4 nights.

I grew up going to WDW two or three times a year but haven’t been since 2019. I’m looking most forward to special Disney moments that she can enjoy and honestly think beyond a day spent at MK, that I’d like to spend the rest of our trip outside the parks.

I can see me possibly changing my mind but if I didn’t - what are your favorite non park ways to make a trip special for a toddler?

I already am planning on pool time and a monorail and boat resort hop (one of my favorite memories of WDW growing up were all the hotels).

Any of your favorite things at GF/Contemporary/Poly? Or Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge? Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk?

Character dining outside of the park that’s worth it?

Anything else I’m not thinking about? Thank you so much!

1900 Park Fare at GF has just reopened with new characters and is getting great reviews.
Travel to Art of Animation and walk around to view the huge character areas. Great opportunity for pictures.
May be late for a 2yo but the electric water pageant that goes on on the Bay Lake is colorful and musical.
Wonderful, this is great. Thank you!

Yes, definitely going to try to stretch her one night for the electric water pageant, and maybe a movie by the pool.

Upvote 0

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Some more general toddler Disney advice first: Any moment with a toddler can be a special one. I would plan on some loose goals for the trip but also just try to live in the moment with her as much as possible. If she’s having a blast watching ducks- let her watch them.

More specific suggestions:
  • Transportation
    • Buses
    • Skyliner
    • Train at MK
    • Monorail
    • Boats
  • Resorts:
    • Big decorations at POP and AoA
    • Stairs inside main Poly building. (lil BES spent a good hour in that lobby just going up and down the stairs. 🤷🏻‍♀️)
    • Ice cream at Boardwalk or Beaches and Cream
  • Haircut at Harmony Barbershop at MK
  • Cape May character breakfast. Not so much for the food (it was fine) but just the general experience/setup.
Also have two sets of clothes in your diaper bag. (Learn from my mistakes 😂)

Have fun planning and good luck with your trip!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lyssa13

Original Poster
Some more general toddler Disney advice first: Any moment with a toddler can be a special one. I would plan on some loose goals for the trip but also just try to live in the moment with her as much as possible. If she’s having a blast watching ducks- let her watch them.

More specific suggestions:
  • Transportation
    • Buses
    • Skyliner
    • Train at MK
    • Monorail
    • Boats
  • Resorts:
    • Big decorations at POP and AoA
    • Stairs inside main Poly building. (lil BES spent a good hour in that lonby just going up and down the stairs. 🤷🏻‍♀️)
    • Ice cream at Boardwalk or Beaches and Cream
  • Haircut at Harmony Barbershop at MK
  • Cape May character breakfast. Not so much for the food (it was fine) but just the general experience/setup.
Also have two sets of clothes in your diaper bag. (Learn from my mistakes 😂)

Have fun planning and good luck with your trip!
Ha! This is awesome. we definitely want to stop and enjoy the magic which is why we are only planning park for one day and trying to just find little ways of enjoying the rest.

She will be so happy with just one park day and things exactly like climbing the stairs at poly that we will have plenty to do!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom