Security at the Park Entrance

zurgandfriend

Original Poster
Hello All,

What is the current level of security when you enter a park? Last time we visited there was a bag check but that was it. Are there metal detectors, etc. now a days. I ask, as between joint replacements and shrapnel I have a large amount of metal in my body. I always go through the special line at TSA. I have cards issued by doctors attesting to the fact. Should I bring them? They never seem to make an impression on TSA.

Thank you

Z.

StarWarsGirl

Disney uses Evolv scanners (as is widely known and has been posted on this site and others). Here is the answer from Evolv:

In keeping with FDA guidance on EAS and walk-through metal detectors, it is recommended that visitors and system operators with implantable or wearable medical devices consult their device manufacturer or physician for information relating to their own specific device.  An alternative screening approach is recommended for anyone who has health and safety concerns.

I have metal in one of my fingers and have never set it off from that. If you can safely go through any other metal detector, I would treat it as you would any other detector.

AndyS2992

I don’t carry anything metal but always get pulled aside for additional checks because I carry a plastic glasses case in my backpack. What’s that about 🙄

JIMINYCR

The scanners they are using are a great step up from what they used to do. Security has gotten a lot less time wasting and burdensome to the guests. You still have the occasional CM who is on a power trip and wants to check every crevice but even thats gotten to be less of an occurrence. Yiou should have no issues. If anything does alert them to your metal, they will just wand you quickly.

TrainsOfDisney

Hello All,

What is the current level of security when you enter a park? Last time we visited there was a bag check but that was it. Are there metal detectors, etc. now a days. I ask, as between joint replacements and shrapnel I have a large amount of metal in my body. I always go through the special line at TSA. I have cards issued by doctors attesting to the fact. Should I bring them? They never seem to make an impression on TSA.

Thank you

Z.
The Florida parks have Evolv scanners which you simply walk through single file, and you will only get your bag checked if a CM asks after you have walked through.

There is a separate line for strollers, wheelchairs, and ECV’s - you may want to explain your situation to the security greeter and see which line they would prefer you walk through.

In California I believe they still have a manual bag check and then you walk through the metal detectors.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Why make it easier for someone wishing to do harm all the while receiving second-hand accounts of what may happen instead of just contacting Disney and receiving an official answer?
Why assume that someone here wants to do harm. As other posters have said , it's public knowledge what systems are used by Disney.

Must remember to remove my tinfoil hat next time I visit.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Because we have to pretend these things are much much much more effective than they really are.
Ok then
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Brian

Why assume that someone here wants to do harm. As other posters have said , it's public knowledge what systems are used by Disney.

Must remember to remove my tinfoil hat next time I visit.
It's not about the people here. It's about the people seeking information on Google that get linked to this thread and others like it and use it to try to do harm.

That said, thankfully the measures described here are only a piece of the puzzle. My position has always been we shouldn't make it easier on people who wish to do harm.

Brian

Such a sad reflection of today's society that the first thing that is thought of is people who wish to cause harm.
Just curious why being security-conscious is so bothersome to you? If you're foolish enough to believe that the only people who might ever visit this site are die-hard fans, well, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Brian

You made a drama out of an innocent question about something which is public knowledge, citing being security conscious. Totally non paranoid.
Disney should just go ahead and post pictures of their security screening areas and describe what can go through undetected on their website. After all, it's public knowledge anyway. It would make it easier on the guests.

/s

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Disney should just go ahead and post pictures of their security screening areas and describe what can go through undetected on their website. After all, it's public knowledge anyway. It would make it easier on the guests.

/s
🙄
Your first thoughts on the OP 's question.

NO ONE COMMENT OR DISNEY WILL GET BLOWN UP.

My first thought.
How inconvenient for the OP. Must be a nightmare travelling or attending any sort of function nowadays.

Guess I'm just paranoid. /s

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom