Should I even go based on these circumstances?

Whatsplots

Original Poster
So I’m driving from Detroit, Michigan, down to the Miami-area, to travel for a summer internship. I’m staying two nights on the road - one in Atlanta and the other near UCF. Since I’m taking the Florida Turnpike and I-75, Disney is right on my journey.
I’m due to leave Atlanta around 6AM, which gets me into the Disney area around 1 PM when accounting for Atlanta’s horrible traffic and a gas fill up. I can check into my hotel as late as I want, but I do wish to get there around 8PM, both to unpack as well as to get ready for a visit to a UCF bar my friend works at. I’m planning to depart Orlando around 9AM the following morning.
Would you say that the likely $200 that I would spend for less than 5 hours in the Magic Kingdom would be worth the money, or should I just hit Disney Springs instead - if even that?

JoeCamel

So I’m driving from Detroit, Michigan, down to the Miami-area, to travel for a summer internship. I’m staying two nights on the road - one in Atlanta and the other near UCF. Since I’m taking the Florida Turnpike and I-75, Disney is right on my journey.
I’m due to leave Atlanta around 6AM, which gets me into the Disney area around 1 PM when accounting for Atlanta’s horrible traffic and a gas fill up. I can check into my hotel as late as I want, but I do wish to get there around 8PM, both to unpack as well as to get ready for a visit to a UCF bar my friend works at. I’m planning to depart Orlando around 9AM the following morning.
Would you say that the likely $200 that I would spend for less than 5 hours in the Magic Kingdom would be worth the money, or should I just hit Disney Springs instead - if even that?
Not worth it

JIMINYCR

Not enough time to justify the expense. DS walk around may give you a taste of Disney. You could do the balloon experience, the water cars, have a great meal, take in some entertainment, and shop for some souvineers.
If you had the time a park would be worth it but unfortunately you are limited on this trip.

Ayla

Not enough time to justify the expense. DS walk around may give you a taste of Disney. You could do the balloon experience, the water cars, have a great meal, take in some entertainment, and shop for some souvineers.
If you had the time a park would be worth it but unfortunately you are limited on this trip.
If the OP is going to do all that, they may as well spend the money to get into MK. It'd be cheaper than what you listed.

Club Cooloholic

Depends, have you been to MK a bunch? Will you have a chance to go later in the summer for a longer time? How are your finances? Is there an after hours event that will cut into the actual hours the park would be open....and if so can you get tickets for that instead?

JIMINYCR

If the OP is going to do all that, they may as well spend the money to get into MK. It'd be cheaper than what you listed.
Not necessarily. Ive given the OP options, not saying they have to do all those items. Taking in a park with large crowds, long waits in lines, and inability to enjoy a full 5 hours, then Im still going with DS.

TrainsOfDisney

Depends on a few factors - I was out in California for work and had about that much time in Disneyland Park for my very first visit out there and it was worth it to me.

You can always resort hop - park at Disney Springs and take a bus to wilderness lodge, then take the boat to magic kingdom, ride the monorails and boats to the resorts (contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian) and then take a bus back to springs.

Goofyernmost

Considering paying that price for 5 hours would absolutely not be worth it. I'd consider it now worth it anymore even for a full day. I'd try and plan a trip back up when you at least have time to really enjoy it. You will spend most of your time getting to and from the entrance of Disney property and then into whatever park you are planning to see.

NickMaio

Depends on a few factors - I was out in California for work and had about that much time in Disneyland Park for my very first visit out there and it was worth it to me.

You can always resort hop - park at Disney Springs and take a bus to wilderness lodge, then take the boat to magic kingdom, ride the monorails and boats to the resorts (contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian) and then take a bus back to springs.
DL is a lot smaller......quicker to get around.

MickeyLuv'r

I probably wouldn't opt to pay that much for so few hours. It sounds like a lot if you plan to also hang out with your friend that night, plus 17hours of driving. (6 hours Atlanta to WDW +11 hours Detroit to Atlanta).

It is possible you could look at ways to move your Detroit departure 12 hours or one day earlier, and/or opt to drive further than Atlanta (closer to WDW)?

Another thought is that you can wait until that day to decide if you feel up to it. You don't necessarily need to decide in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom