Yacht Club Refurbishment for Some Rooms Slated For Early 2025

surfsupdon

This had confused me when I saw. Yacht rooms are recently fully renovated and are some of the best in style and function. Anyone have some details?

Eric Graham

Original Poster
The resorts receive a hard goods refurb approximately every 7 years and soft goods about half way between those. Pretty sure the last hard goods refurb at Yacht was 2017-2018.
Thank you so much for answering the question that I could not. By the way, wasn't the Beach Club just renovated last year? I wonder (I have no idea) if the new renovation at Yacht Club will look similar to it:

surfsupdon

The resorts receive a hard goods refurb approximately every 7 years and soft goods about half way between those. Pretty sure the last hard goods refurb at Yacht was 2017-2018.
Which is wild because Yacht had those ship wheel headboards and low boy white commode from opening year to 2017. Those rooms were dated so fast!!! The new rooms I still think are so well done.

Weather_Lady

Which is wild because Yacht had those ship wheel headboards and low boy white commode from opening year to 2017. Those rooms were dated so fast!!! The new rooms I still think are so well done.
Agreed. We stayed at Yacht Club last August (booked what was then standard garden view but got a free upgrade to water view) and our room was beautifully functional, tastefully themed, and had flooring and furnishings that still looked brand new.

surfsupdon

The goal is to refurbish the rooms before they look worn and tired.
That’s so true, and yet look how Disney Resorts have conditioned me with their behavior to expect the rooms to look worn and dated for several years first!
You really did just open my mind with that single comment.

peter11435

That’s so true, and yet look how Disney Resorts have conditioned me with their behavior to expect the rooms to look worn and dated for several years first!
You really did just open my mind with that single comment.
The removal of carpet actually aids greatly in this. Carpet is one of the first things that starts to make the rooms look worn and tired.

Last edited:

nicb88

I wonder if this is much to do with the rooms that allow dogs inside, and whether they require refurb sooner than others?

Eric Graham

Original Poster
Here's a breakdown of Disney Hotel's Refurbishments 2024-2025. This article fails to mention DVC updates, though. Hope this helps:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom