Boardwalk Villas?

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Going to be staying at the Boardwalk Villas this August for the 1st time. We are DVC members, and our home resort is Copper Creek so this will be a little different for us. This is a little out of my comfort zone because we know Wilderness Lodge like the back of our hands and all the ins and out etc. So, looking for any tips/tricks suggestions.
This will be just a girl's trip for me and our daughter (celebrating her high school graduation) so we were looking for something different. Staying in a 1 Bedroom Garden/Pool View (hope a renovated one but if not oh well right) TIA everyone.

RememberWhen

Boardwalk is our home resort.
The hallways can be really long, but if you do end up way down, find the stairs and use them (at least on the way out) instead of schleping all the way back to the elevators near the lobby.
The walks/boat rides to Epcot and MGM are great. Quick and easy.
The pool is fine. Nothing too exciting. The quiet pool is where you’ll find community hall.
Let me know if you have specific questions!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It's August and going to be hot so maximizing air conditioning time is nice if going to/from HS use the ends of buildings to enter/exit and the stairs. They're circled red here. Should be able to in and out here. Do not go to boardwalk and long way around to HS. But when you *are* going to the boardwalk there's a staircase in corner circled yellow that let's outside closer to the lobby. This will only be an exit.

Screenshot_20240420_201117_Disney World.jpg

But if wanting to use the boats consider using the Swan and Dolphin dock (red here) to get to/from Hollywood Studios. The order is
HS, Swolphin, BC/YC, BW, EPCOT
Or
EPCOT, BW, BC/YC, Swolphin, HS.

I believe that's correct but someone will tell me if wrong. Considering BC/YC stop is in the middle either way you're looking at two travel legs + one stop Or the short walk to/from Swolphin using the blue path below.

Screenshot_20240420_201715_Disney World.jpg

Have an idea where your room is located from a room map. There are long halls so if you end up somewhere you don't want to be it doesn't hurt to ask if there is another room location.

Check out Abracadabar. Consider breakfast at Trattoria al Forno Ave dinner at Flying Fish. Swolphin also has many great food options that many don't think about. BW Pizza place has people sharply divided between "surprisingly good" and "worse than cardboard." Hopefully Blue Ribbon Corn dogs is open for your visit.

Enjoy your trip! I've stayed at Cooper Creek but have my first Boulder Ridge stay coming up in August.

Club Cooloholic

Going to be staying at the Boardwalk Villas this August for the 1st time. We are DVC members, and our home resort is Copper Creek so this will be a little different for us. This is a little out of my comfort zone because we know Wilderness Lodge like the back of our hands and all the ins and out etc. So, looking for any tips/tricks suggestions.
This will be just a girl's trip for me and our daughter (celebrating her high school graduation) so we were looking for something different. Staying in a 1 Bedroom Garden/Pool View (hope a renovated one but if not oh well right) TIA everyone.
You will have a great time. I will say Boardwalk is a little hard to navigate, at least to me compared to some of the other resorts
That said the location can't be beat for getting to HS and Epcot.

KDM31091

The one thing I dislike about the Boardwalk is you have to go outside to get any kind of food.
That and there really is no true quick service. Expensive ish sit downs, or pizza or sandwiches, are basically the options, not much in between. Cake Bake doesn't seem like it's going to remedy that since it will be expensive ish as well. They need a moderately priced option and/or QS.

That said, I do love Boardwalk, the theme, the charm, the location and the vibe. Food offerings definitely could be better. Luckily it's a short walk to Beach Club which has Beaches and Cream for a more casual dine.

firecatgirl

Original Poster
It's August and going to be hot so maximizing air conditioning time is nice if going to/from HS use the ends of buildings to enter/exit and the stairs. They're circled red here. Should be able to in and out here. Do not go to boardwalk and long way around to HS. But when you *are* going to the boardwalk there's a staircase in corner circled yellow that let's outside closer to the lobby. This will only be an exit.

View attachment 780592

But if wanting to use the boats consider using the Swan and Dolphin dock (red here) to get to/from Hollywood Studios. The order is
Or

I believe that's correct but someone will tell me if wrong. Considering BC/YC stop is in the middle either way you're looking at two travel legs + one stop Or the short walk to/from Swolphin using the blue path below.

View attachment 780593

Have an idea where your room is located from a room map. There are long halls so if you end up somewhere you don't want to be it doesn't hurt to ask if there is another room location.

Check out Abracadabar. Consider breakfast at Trattoria al Forno Ave dinner at Flying Fish. Swolphin also has many great food options that many don't think about. BW Pizza place has people sharply divided between "surprisingly good" and "worse than cardboard." Hopefully Blue Ribbon Corn dogs is open for your visit.

Enjoy your trip! I've stayed at Cooper Creek but have my first Boulder Ridge stay coming up in August.
Thank you so very much!! I appreciate all the info and maps. Enjoy your stay at Boulder Ridge anything at Wilderness Lodge is so amazing IMHO
That and there really is no true quick service. Expensive ish sit downs, or pizza or sandwiches, are basically the options, not much in between. Cake Bake doesn't seem like it's going to remedy that since it will be expensive ish as well. They need a moderately priced option and/or QS.

That said, I do love Boardwalk, the theme, the charm, the location and the vibe. Food offerings definitely could be better. Luckily it's a short walk to Beach Club which has Beaches and Cream for a more casual dine.
I noticed that too. Thankfully it's just my daughter (18 yrs) and me going this trip. Were pretty easy going and I was planning on getting some quick snacks for the room when I get my Instacart order just in case we find the food areas more difficult to navigate. There is a refillable drink station somewhere though right?

JusticeDisney

I have a few questions for the Boardwalk experts.

1. Does the Boardwalk have an indoor place akin to the Marketplace at the Beach Club where you can get coffee, snacks and some basic food like sandwiches, etc.?

2. Do you have to go outside in order to get from the Boardwalk Inn to the Boardwalk Villas?

3. Any thoughts on which view is better regarding a boardwalk view vs a garden/pool view? Do either of those views require a longer walk to get to your room?

4. How many floors are in the Boardwalk Villas?

Thanks in advance for any insight, it is much appreciated!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I have a few questions for the Boardwalk experts.

1. Does the Boardwalk have an indoor place akin to the Marketplace at the Beach Club where you can get coffee, snacks and some basic food like sandwiches, etc.?

2. Do you have to go outside in order to get from the Boardwalk Inn to the Boardwalk Villas?

3. Any thoughts on which view is better regarding a boardwalk view vs a garden/pool view? Do either of those views require a longer walk to get to your room?

4. How many floors are in the Boardwalk Villas?

Thanks in advance for any insight, it is much appreciated!
1. It's split. Carousel Coffee off the lobby has coffee, muffins, milk, etc. Screen Door General is on the boardwalk (villas side) and only accessible from the boardwalk. That's where you'll find more pre-made stuff and staples like bread, pre-made sandwiches, deli meat, etc. Boardwalk Deli (inn side, also only accessible from boardwalk) has more made to order sandwiches, and it's mobile order. Needing to go outside for much of it is a resort weakness.

2. No. The lobby level is the second floor and connects both resorts. When you come into building from busses and pirate cochere, villas are too the left and inn is to the right.

3. Boardwalk view is pretty unique and would be my first choice. On DVC side they cost the same points as garden/pool view. Some don't like the noise on boardwalk side (boats, guest, general buzz), but it's a view that feels different than other Disney views, compared to multiple garden view options across WDW. The farthest garden rooms are a longer walk than farthest boardwalk rooms, but I'd be prepared for a long walk either way. The hallways are very long.

4. Five floors. The 2nd floor is the main level. I personally use stairs to get around.

JusticeDisney

1. It's split. Carousel Coffee off the lobby has coffee, muffins, milk, etc. Screen Door General is on the boardwalk (villas side) and only accessible from the boardwalk. That's where you'll find more pre-made stuff and staples like bread, pre-made sandwiches, deli meat, etc. Boardwalk Deli (inn side, also only accessible from boardwalk) has more made to order sandwiches, and it's mobile order. Needing to go outside for much of it is a resort weakness.

2. No. The lobby level is the second floor and connects both resorts. When you come into building from busses and pirate cochere, villas are too the left and inn is to the right.

3. Boardwalk view is pretty unique and would be my first choice. On DVC side they cost the same points as garden/pool view. Some don't like the noise on boardwalk side (boats, guest, general buzz), but it's a view that feels different than other Disney views, compared to multiple garden view options across WDW. The farthest garden rooms are a longer walk than farthest boardwalk rooms, but I'd be prepared for a long walk either way. The hallways are very long.

4. Five floors. The 2nd floor is the main level. I personally use stairs to get around.
Thank you so much for that info! Really appreciate it!

Florida Man

I am looking at booking a 1-bedroom villa at Boardwalk for July 2024. Does anyone know if all of them are refurbished? I see two styles on YouTube right now.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
I am looking at booking a 1-bedroom villa at Boardwalk for July 2024. Does anyone know if all of them are refurbished? I see two styles on YouTube right now.
Just got back. It looks like the majority of the DVC side is complete or nearing completion. (I believe it should be done by early summer 2024). I could only see one wing that was still an active work zone, but the rooms appear to be almost complete. In fact we were told that they would be doing extensive fire alarm testing last Thursday relating to the construction. (so it's probably really close to being done.)

I will say the new rooms are really nice. Major improvement over the old ones.

Still the biggest complaint is that if you're on the outer edges of the resort and need to use an elevator and/or get to the parking, you've got a lot of walking to do.

MR.Dis

Just returned from 17 day vacation, the last 4 days at Boardwalk. My wife and I stayed at a one bedroom with my daughter and 2 sons. Right off the bat it was a major issue of 5 people and only beds for 4 people. My daughter was very upset--think anger from inside out. The thing is, after they made things right by getting us a roll away, she absolutely loved the resort. Said the whole vibe fit her. We had a balcony overlooking the boardwalk, could see the fireworks at night. Loved the food options on the Boardwalk. The refurb was impressive and greatly appreciated. Looks like next time we go, we will be trying to book again--but will get a 2 bedroom.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

View attachment 780592

Or

View attachment 780593

You are clearly a Boardwalk expert! Well done on the very thorough advice. 😍

KDM31091

I love Boardwalk, although I think most of the garden/pool views are not at all worth the extra points. Very often it is just trees and maybe a corner of the pool, which I don't see the big attraction to looking at the pool anyway. Everything except Boardwalk View is usually unremarkable and should just be standard view. The long hallways are a minus. The lack of any full blown quick service is also a minus, as well as any moderately priced sit downs. Trattoria, Flying Fish, and even Cake Bake it seems are not priced to be "every night" kind of things. Boardwalk needs one good all around lower priced restaurant (as would be the case on an actual NJ Boardwalk). Having said that, having quick access to Beach Club dining options helps a lot.

That's where my gripes end though. Love the vibe, love the decor, and the recent renovation was actually an improvement, which is a nice change of pace. Being walking distance to two parks is unbeatable especially for the very reasonable points chart. You still get fairly good Skyliner access without the point premium of Riviera.

nickys

Premium Member
Just returned from 17 day vacation, the last 4 days at Boardwalk. My wife and I stayed at a one bedroom with my daughter and 2 sons. Right off the bat it was a major issue of 5 people and only beds for 4 people. My daughter was very upset--think anger from inside out. The thing is, after they made things right by getting us a roll away, she absolutely loved the resort. Said the whole vibe fit her. We had a balcony overlooking the boardwalk, could see the fireworks at night. Loved the food options on the Boardwalk. The refurb was impressive and greatly appreciated. Looks like next time we go, we will be trying to book again--but will get a 2 bedroom.
How did you book?

If you were allowed to book 5 in a 1-bedroom then you must have either booked using your own DVC points or rented DVC points. Disney don’t allow a cash booking with 5 people in a 1-bed.

Either way, it is stated on the DVC website that there are only beds for 4. And a broker should also have told you this.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
BW/BC and a few more are odd in that the Studio has occupancy 5 and the 1BR occupancy 4. DVC point booking allows the 5th but states it doesn’t supply the bed or extra linens/towels. There are other instances of this policy for 9th in 2BR.

From planDisney-

The ability to add a fifth Guest to a 1-Bedroom Villa reservation is exclusive to Members booking with points and refers only to the room occupancy, not the sleeping arrangements. In other words, while a 5th Guest can be added to the reservation and accommodated, they will not have a dedicated sleeping space. While this type of arrangement might work for families traveling with smaller children, it could be a tight squeeze for older children or adults to sleep three-to-a-bed. You could also choose to use an air mattress or cot for a 5th Guest, but this would need to be supplied on your own –– the Resort does not have portable beds available for Guest use.

Basically it applies where 1BR is max 4 and 2BR max 8. They try to make it clear it’s an allowance and not a suggested max occupancy, and up to guest to decide about providing for the 5th/9th arrangement And the ability to make it work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom