News Disney launches 'MyDisney' - a single login for all your Disney services

Brian

When can we have two factor? No, not text message two factor either. Like, real app secured two factor.
The company's SSO for employees already has it. Shouldn't be a huge project to roll that out to the guest facing sites.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

BadFeeling.png

Brian

there's literally a few billion more guests than employees believe it or not.
The infrastructure is already in place and there is a reliable vendor which has supported MFA for employee SSO for well over five years at this point. Compared with rolling it out with no other systems utilizing MFA, it should be comparatively easier.

Last edited:

Brian

The real problem is getting all of the various and disparate backend systems to talk to each other. Call me when they make that happen and I no longer have to add a DVC reservation manually to my MDE account.
This is definitely the biggest challenge. Some of the backend systems are downright ancient and many of those don't have API capabilities. Modernization of many of these systems has been ongoing, but it's not the highest priority since "if it's not broken, don't fix it."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is definitely the biggest challenge. Some of the backend systems are downright ancient and don't have API capabilities. Modernization of many of these systems has been ongoing, but it's not the highest priority since "if it's not broken, don't fix it."

I'm dealing with the cleanup from IT execs saying that exact thing for years at my job right now. "We're changing this" "Ok, let's do it" "What about cleanup?" "It's not broken, no need to fix anything or clean anything up". Years and years and years of things NOT being cleaned up, and now "clean up x, y, z, plus items 1-42" are on my To Do list.

MarvelCharacterNerd

A true "MyDisney" log in would just be - go to MyDisney and log in and you're logged in to all Disney sites and apps where you have an account or you can opt which ones to log in or out. Not signing in for every site separately using the same login page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom