Do you SEA what I See

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Original Poster
So, I haven't seen this covered anywhere else, so if it has please forgive me. But I was watching the new Imagineering YouTube series today like most and for the shortest split second, the picture below flashed on the screen.. Not sure how old some of the items on the board are but I found some interesting things when I zoomed in. Lots of stuff we have seen before but...

To the Left - The West Coast Headquarters of SEA and what looks to be a sketch of something. It ain't the treehouse
Top Right - New Large group of characters different then what we have always seen, and the banner say Adventurers. Which I assume would be the Society. But who is the muscle dude and lady with the tiger?

Somebody is definitely pitching something with this mood board. Maybe it was the supposed Disney+ series. But I will still keep hoping for major Adventureland integration and the return of the single greatest bar in the history of the world... The Adventurers Club

Kungaloosh!!

Attachments

• SEA Vision Board.png
    SEA Vision Board.png
    1 MB · Views: 267

Rosso11

I know pre covid there was a big push to create a larger presence of SEA into WDW specifically. It was actually coming from the top down not that anyone down below was complaining. I unfortunately have not heard anything about it in a while. Hopefully it’s still moving along. Maybe someone else has heard something more recent than myself.

Gusey

This was from the 2022 D23 Panel on the S.E.A. They seemed to be working on something outside of Adventureland and/or something for Paris. Since the panel, the only S.E.A. addition to the parks has been the Adventureland Treehouse

peng

So, I haven't seen this covered anywhere else, so if it has please forgive me. But I was watching the new Imagineering YouTube series today like most and for the shortest split second, the picture below flashed on the screen.. Not sure how old some of the items on the board are but I found some interesting things when I zoomed in. Lots of stuff we have seen before but...

To the Left - The West Coast Headquarters of SEA and what looks to be a sketch of something. It ain't the treehouse
Top Right - New Large group of characters different then what we have always seen, and the banner say Adventurers. Which I assume would be the Society. But who is the muscle dude and lady with the tiger?

Somebody is definitely pitching something with this mood board. Maybe it was the supposed Disney+ series. But I will still keep hoping for major Adventureland integration and the return of the single greatest bar in the history of the world... The Adventurers Club

Kungaloosh!!
The TV show supposedly isn't dead, scripts are being worked on I think. The SEA movie is probably long dead though. Not sure if more SEA stuff will come to the parks, but it showing up is probably intentional in a "SEA totally exists guys" type of way, so it will probably still be around.

Gusey

I enjoy how the S.E.A. have subtly linked all these original Disney attractions to create a Disney Park Universe, whilst also allowing Imagineers to go and expand on the backstories of these attractions whilst plussing them. Also, we met our first official S.E.A. 10 years ago last year with Mystic Manor and the Big Thunder overhaul, so it has had staying power in the parks. Here is a S.E.A. development timeline
  • May 1, 1989 – Adventurer’s Club & Pleasure Island opens at Downtown Disney, introduction of Merriweather Adam Pleasure
  • September 4, 2001 – Fortress Explorations opens at Tokyo DisneySea, introduction of Society of Explorers and Adventurers
  • September 22, 2006 – Tower of Terror at DisneySea, introduction of Harrision Hightower III
  • September 27, 2008 – Adventurer’s Club & Pleasure Island closes
  • August 29, 2011 – Aulani, a Disney Resort opens
  • 2013 –
    • February 2013 - Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom refurb, introduction of Barnabas T. Bullion and confirmation of Jason Chandler as a member
    • May 17, 2013 – Mystic Manor opens at Hong Kong Disneyland, introduction of Lord Henry Mystic, Mary Oceaneer, Professor R. Blauerhimmel, Dr J. L. Baterista, Maestro D’Elfman & Charlton J. Taboret, and confirmed Harrison Hightower III as an SEA member
  • 2014 – Oceaneer Lab on Disney Magic and Wonder, expanding backstory of Mary Oceaneer
  • 2015 –
    • September 2015 – Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar opens at Disney Springs, nods to S.E.A. and Adventures Club
    • October 2015 – Jungle River Cruise: Curse of the Emerald Trinity, introduction of Garrett Reed
    • December 16, 2015 – Skipper Canteen opens at Magic Kingdom, introduction of Dr Albert Falls and Alberta Falls. Confirmation of Merriweather Adam Pleasure, Luana Teixeira, Sango Shio and Chef Tandaji as members
  • 2017 –
    • March 12, 2017 – Miss Adventure Falls opens at Typhoon Lagoon, focusing on Mary Oceaneer
    • 2017 – Bengal Barbeque add SEA easter eggs
  • December 29, 2018 – Tropical hideaway opens, with a wall of paddles belonging to SEA members
  • July 23, 2019 – Soaring: Fantastic Flight opens at Tokyo DisneySea, introduction of Camellia Falco and Vitale Roobustelli
  • July 2021 – Jungle Cruise refurb, introduction of Doctor Kon Chunosuke
  • April 25, 2022 – Shinji Takahashi and the Mark of the Coatl is released, book on the SEA in the 21st Century. Introduction of Oliver Ocean (Mary Oceaneer’s grandson) and Scarlett Blauerhimmel (descendant of R. Blauerhimmel)
  • 2023 -
    • April 18, 2023 – Shinji Takahashi: Into the Heart of the Storm is released, book on the SEA in the 21st Century. Return of Oliver Ocean and Scarlett Blauerhiemml, and introduction of Phoebe Mystic (descendant of Lord Henry Mystic)
    • November 10, 2023 – Adventureland Treehouse opens. Introduction of Aya Kouame-Beauciel

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I, for one, would enjoy the demise of everything SEA as its a threadbare attempt to join everything together in spite of the chronological and millieu disparities in the attractions, much less the technologies employed,

FigmentJedi

I, for one, would enjoy the demise of everything SEA as its a threadbare attempt to join everything together in spite of the chronological and millieu disparities in the attractions, much less the technologies employed,
Really it just needs actual anchoring attractions in the USA, not just the retconned queue and restaurant stuff. Most of the development in the parks has been pretty concentrated on that "Late 1800s-1930s" timespan and the pulp adventure/Indy aesthetics you'd associate with that and the stuff they have shoved into it does at least make for a fun little world in theory. However, that D23 extended timeline with the "SEA just kinda turns into a spy organization in the cold war" stuff and all the meta stuff in the Shinji Takahashi books like "SEA has an Anaheim HQ because Walt Disney was part of it for a time and he built Disneyland over a magical nexus of power" stuff is really corny and loses the plot.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Really it just needs actual anchoring attractions in the USA, not just the retconned queue and restaurant stuff. Most of the development in the parks has been pretty concentrated on that "Late 1800s-1930s" timespan and the pulp adventure/Indy aesthetics you'd associate with that and the stuff they have shoved into it does at least make for a fun little world in theory. However, that D23 extended timeline with the "SEA just kinda turns into a spy organization in the cold war" stuff and all the meta stuff in the Shinji Takahashi books like "SEA has an Anaheim HQ because Walt Disney was part of it for a time and he built Disneyland over a magical nexus of power" stuff is really corny and loses the plot.

Well Disney did make venereal disease training films for Army in WW2. Maybe that's magical enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom