Questions on Expedition Everest.

graphite1326

Original Poster
I was watching a POV video of EE. A few questions came to mind.

It is obvious that there are more than one train on the track at the same time. How many trains are on the track at one time and at what point of the first train do they release the second?

Also, when you are going backwards in the dark, what is the layout of the track, is it a spiral?

Just wondered.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
1000003859.jpg

Andrew25

I was watching a POV video of EE. A few questions came to mind.

It is obvious that there are more than one train on the track at the same time. How many trains are on the track at one time and at what point of the first train do they release the second?

Also, when you are going backwards in the dark, what is the layout of the track, is it a spiral?

Just wondered.
4 trains usually are on the track. Everest is a rather simple coaster when it comes to its layout, its just a bunch of helixes and straight sections, nothing to complex.

Tom Morrow

4 trains usually are on the track. Everest is a rather simple coaster when it comes to its layout, its just a bunch of helixes and straight sections, nothing to complex.

Incorrect. This is how it opened, but it was modified not long after opening to handle 5 trains and is running 5 unless crowds are low or there's an issue with a train. It actually handles 5 trains better, as there's always a train ready to dispatch from unload to load, whereas with four trains, a gap is created where the 5th could be.

With five trains, Expedition Everest dispatches just under every minute at 54 seconds. Basically as one train is about to reach the top of the second (large) lift hill, the train behind it that just loaded can be released.

This insanely in-depth video will tell you everything you could possibly want to know about how Expedition Everest operates:

Andrew25

Incorrect. This is how it opened, but it was modified not long after opening to handle 5 trains. It actually handles 5 trains better, as there's always a train ready to dispatch from unload to load, whereas with four trains, a gap is created where the 5th could be.

With five trains, Expedition Everest dispatches just under every minute at 54 seconds. Basically as one train is about to reach the top of the second (large) lift hill, the train behind it that just loaded can be released.

This insanely in-depth video will tell you everything you could possibly want to know about how Expedition Everest operates:

Yes, I used the word "usually" because as of late they've been running it with 4 trains.

They can run 5 trains... but I've noticed a considerable gap recently (they usually will remove/add the 5th train early/late in the day).

Tom Morrow

Yes, I used the word "usually" because as of late they've been running it with 4 trains.

They can run 5 trains... but I've noticed a considerable gap recently (they usually will remove/add the 5th train early/late in the day).

Apologies, I assumed you meant that four is the max.

Also if you're ever on the ride and are unsure how many cars are on the track: if you get held for a bit after the broken track or yeti shadow projection, there are probably 5 trains on the track. Also, with five trains, a train will have to wait at the holding brake before the unload station. With four trains or less they are able to fly right in to the unload station unless there is a delay at load or unload.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom