News V.I.Passholder Days return in 2024

jeanericuser001

Looks like disney underestimated how many people have a pass. Unlike seaworld/busch gardens which has a smaller passholder base, disney has a lot of people with low to mid tier passes so this place is bound to be very busy. In terms of perks I would put it higher than universal and Sea world but not as good as busch gardens. Busch Gardens passholder lounge while it was active was pretty high up in quality. Multiple seating areas with different room featuring different setups from dining area to outdoor to man cave, concierge service for park experiences, private restaurant with a decent unique menu with passholder discounts, private bathroom, private floor only accessible to passholders, and best part of all, the view of the savannah was one of the best views in the park. Its a pity its down for renovation but it was honestly one of the best perks of being a passholder.

Ranking:
Busch Gardens
Disney
Universal
Sea World

MrPromey

So apparently Passholders are standing in line for the lounge. Smart thinking. Stand in the heat for an hour to get 15 minutes of A/C, bottled water, and some snacks.

View attachment 782686
Not my photo. "Borrowed" from an AP FB Group.

Yeah, this is hilarious.

You'd think passholders would be the group savvy enough to realize what a stupid arrangement this is waiting uncomfortably in the direct sun for 45+ for the chance at a few minutes in AC with a dollar in snacks* and a paper cup of water but then again, I guess people are desperate to get whatever exclusive "perk" they can from Disney these days to feel special and valued.

*At least the Zarg Nuts left over from the GOTG opening that they were unloading at the passholder event last year that were close to the expatriation date were a unique novelty in some sense.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Yesterday's line for the magnet looked daunting:
View attachment 782845
But, it moved pretty quickly, I was in and out, in about 10mins.
It's almost like they've never done something like that before and had to throw up a temporary queue in a weird place to deal with it, isn't it?

Looks like disney underestimated how many people have a pass...

No, they're well aware. It's this kind of thing every time they've done anything "nice" for their passholders for the past... Decade? They know what's going to happen and they set it up knowing that's how it's going to play out - they simply don't care enough to bother doing more.

People still go for it though so I guess they don't need to do more.

Last edited:

JohnD

Yeah, this is hilarious.

You'd think passholders would be the group savvy enough to realize what a stupid arrangement this is waiting uncomfortably in the direct sun for 45+ for the chance at a few minutes in AC with a dollar in snacks* and a paper cup of water but then again, I guess people are desperate to get whatever exclusive "perk" they can from Disney these days to feel special and valued.

*At least the Zarg Nuts left over from the GOTG opening that they were unloading at the passholder event last year that were close to the expatriation date were a unique novelty in some sense.
They're giving us passholders a bad name.

Tony the Tigger

I think my point's pretty clear but not sure what yours is.

Anyway, glad those people are hyped for their cup of water and bag of snacks, I guess. 👍
It’s more about a respite from the heat or rain, charging devices, checking socials, resting feet, etc. It would be appreciated without any drinks or snacks, but if it saves me $4 on a bottled water and a few bucks on a snack until I get to the next meal, cool.

(This is what’s known as a healthy and realistic perspective.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom