News New 'Forces of Nature' acrobatic show debuts at EPCOT

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
People banging on trash cans are not my preferred form of live entertainment
I love the Jammitors, but disliked the well-loved World Showcase Players (back when they played). But that's kind of the point, really. Epcot used to (and maybe is moving to) have lots of varying live entertainment offerings. Something for everybody. And it caused me (in my younger days) to be exposed to things I might not otherwise have been exposed to. Some of it I liked, and some I didn't. But there was something for me, and something for everybody else. Let's hope they keep increasing the offerings so it's like that again.

I recall even being happy when Epcot had the Barbie show, even though I stayed as far away as possible.

TrainsOfDisney

I love the Jammitors, but disliked the well-loved World Showcase Players (back when they played). But that's kind of the point, really.
Exactly. While I enjoyed the world showcase players I never liked Off Kilter but I knew they had their fans and people enjoyed them and was glad Disney offered high quality entertainment in each country.

I will say though, Jammitors are so much fun it’s hard to imagine anyone not liking them!

Comped

Yep, as many forget that they had a full out circus in Communicore..
View attachment 776457

And they had the special as well..

Back when WDE handled the entertainment, not the parks themselves... A better time for entertainment in the parks, surely.
Never a fan of circus days, but was a great fan of the Kristos.

Did you know that there were plans to have an entire year-long alien contact event at Epcot, including covering the entirety of the lagoon in some kind of tarp as part of the latter stages? Was a whole thing, I have the details somewhere...

The Empress Lilly

I love it! I think this is superb. Weird, abstract, and as befits a Disney park: corny in any other setting but Disney. EPCOT, FW, needs a certain abstraction, for you to project your own imagination onto. In old EPCOT I'd have put this somewhere between Land and Imagination.

Downsides:
I'm not sure whether this really strengthens EPCOT's themes. Mainly because I no longer know what EPCOT's themes are, or even if it has any. I suppose it fits World Nature or whatever.

Slightly too pole-dancey for my taste, never really thought that flatters female elegance.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I like the concept of this new show, and some of the more active parts are fun to watch.
I think the women simply need more time to warm up to their roles, they seem stiff and not at ease.
I'm sure it's also taking some time to adjust to having a ton of people with phones just randomly pointed at every angel videoing you perform; particularly if they're used to being in venues where filming at the level we see in theme parks is generally not a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom