New eats coming to Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano on April 1

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has shared 6 new dishes are coming to Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano beginning April 1.

Rigatoni Bolognese: Ground beef, Italian sausage, and parmesan:
434277545_807289534779107_3935733088141818425_n.jpg

Braised Pork Osso Buco: Creamy polenta, roasted cipollini onions, sweet peppers, and lemon gremolata:
433442815_807289508112443_2387354324009884952_n.jpg

Fried Mozzarella Sticks with marinara sauce and lemon aïoli:
434316539_807289554779105_1862478530529519704_n.jpg

Goat Cheese Mousse Tart topped with honeycomb and an edible flower served with blackberries and a cassis compote:
434278535_807289491445778_5753536906449690783_n.jpg

Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp: Pasta, cheese sauce, and fresh parsley:
434267109_807289571445770_5375811573747170766_n.jpg

Mushroom, Artichoke, Cheese Dip: Goat cheese, tomatoes, and toasted crostini:
434286616_807289628112431_49920634885340353_n.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Disney has shared 6 new dishes are coming to Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano beginning April 1.

Rigatoni Bolognese: Ground beef, Italian sausage, and parmesan:
View attachment 775162

Braised Pork Osso Buco: Creamy polenta, roasted cipollini onions, sweet peppers, and lemon gremolata:
View attachment 775163

Fried Mozzarella Sticks with marinara sauce and lemon aïoli:
View attachment 775164

Goat Cheese Mousse Tart topped with honeycomb and an edible flower served with blackberries and a cassis compote:
View attachment 775165

Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp: Pasta, cheese sauce, and fresh parsley:
View attachment 775166

Mushroom, Artichoke, Cheese Dip: Goat cheese, tomatoes, and toasted crostini:
View attachment 775167
It's additions, not substitutions, do you know?

Thank you! :)

pdude81

I didn't hear this directly, but someone in the park recently was told their favorite MM dish was going away and there would be a new menu soon. I don't know offhand what that dish was, but I expect some things will vanish among these new entries. Perhaps though they are just very similar options to the above and not a huge difference.

Weather_Lady

I've not ever eaten there.....Is it any good?
I'd say it's Olive Garden level (which is not an insult -- I just mean, it was perfectly serviceable Italian-American fare, not disappointing in any way, but not exceptional in any way either), with a lovely, upbeat ambiance. My family of four enjoyed our meal there, and the service was excellent. Just be aware of the pricing range before you go, to avoid sticker shock: a simple plate of spaghetti and meatballs (no salad, no sides) will run you $27!

(*Random Sidenote: What I did NOT enjoy was the Spicy Poblano Margarita I ordered, which even though I love poblano peppers and margaritas, was one of the most disgusting, bitter, chemical-tasting things I've ever put in my mouth. It was something like $17 and I couldn't bring myself to choke it down, even to "get my moneys worth." Order anything but THAT!!!)

Last edited:

Eric Graham

I'd say it's Olive Garden level (which is not an insult -- I just mean, it was perfectly serviceable Italian-American fare, not disappointing in any way, but not exceptional in any way either), with a lovely, upbeat ambiance. My family of four enjoyed our meal there, and the service was excellent. Just be aware of the pricing range before you go, to avoid sticker shock: a simple plate of spaghetti and meatballs (no salad, no sides) will run you $27!

(*Random Sidenote: What I did NOT enjoy was the Spicy Poblano Margarita I ordered, which even though I love poblano peppers and margaritas, was one of the most disgusting, bitter, chemical-tasting things I've ever put in my mouth. It was something like $17 and I couldn't bring myself to choke it down, even to "get my moneys worth." Order anything but THAT!!!)
Thank you for your wonderful review, and the answer to my question. That's a pretty good prices for pasta. We are partial to Maggiano's here, but they're in the same family as Chili's. The restaurant here usually makes me chicken and pesto pasta, which is so nice because it isn't even on the menu. :p

Meeko77

I really hope they don't get rid of the shrimp campanelle which is my favorite pasta meal anywhere; my dad loves the current pork chop offering. Will be interesting to see what happens, but I'm thankful Mama Melrose has lasted as it seemed a bit scary for a while there that the restaurant might be closing. I may be in the minority, but it is one of my favorite restaurants at the Studios. I have never had a bad meal there.

Nottamus

we ate there once and my wife had a terrible meal

I had the cioppino which I liked, she had a regular pasta thing that tasted pretty bad. Almost freezer burnt-ish.

Because of that, she won’t go back.

jeanericuser001

Thank you for your wonderful review, and the answer to my question. That's a pretty good prices for pasta. We are partial to Maggiano's here, but they're in the same family as Chili's. The restaurant here usually makes me chicken and pesto pasta, which is so nice because it isn't even on the menu. :p
I gotta agree on maggianos though they have kind of shrunk their portions compared to what it use to be. Still some of my favorite pasta of all time but now entrees are almost of similar size to Chili when in truth it use to be so large you could get one and it was enough for 2 or even 3 people. It might depend on location though as some cities seem to be better than others. Maggianos in chicago was pretty solid but tampa near me has shrunk alot compared to the old days.

aladdin2007

I really hope they don't get rid of the shrimp campanelle which is my favorite pasta meal anywhere; my dad loves the current pork chop offering. Will be interesting to see what happens, but I'm thankful Mama Melrose has lasted as it seemed a bit scary for a while there that the restaurant might be closing. I may be in the minority, but it is one of my favorite restaurants at the Studios. I have never had a bad meal there.
I don't think it was really ever in danger of closing. I agree love the shrimp campanelle but have a feeling these new dishes are replacing some of the current ones. And I would expect prices to see a huge increase.
This particular location has a little bit more freedom for its chefs in terms of choices and ingredients etc, compared to say the Sci Fi which Disney controls like a rigid fast food counter for some reason. And one of the reasons why that one is so awful anymore.
Never had a bad meal either though at Mamas, its certainly a step up or two from Tonys plus the atmosphere is so nice.

NelleBelle

Definitely better than Tony’s! We like eating here and a lot of the dishes can be made vegetarian (not plant based but as a lacto/ovo vegetarian, I tend to be able to find more options and Mama’s is definitely able to accommodate).

Eric Graham

I gotta agree on maggianos though they have kind of shrunk their portions compared to what it use to be. Still some of my favorite pasta of all time but now entrees are almost of similar size to Chili when in truth it use to be so large you could get one and it was enough for 2 or even 3 people. It might depend on location though as some cities seem to be better than others. Maggianos in chicago was pretty solid but tampa near me has shrunk alot compared to the old days.
Oh no...too bad about them shrinking the portions...i recall we would just bring a cooler along with us and have enough food for two or three meals...Scrumptious!

surfsupdon

Mozzarella sticks!!! These are not really at any Disney Restaurant, outside of the Rainforest Cafes. The nonly other spot I knew that had them was the BoardWalk To Go cart.

pdude81

Mozzarella sticks!!! These are not really at any Disney Restaurant, outside of the Rainforest Cafes. The nonly other spot I knew that had them was the BoardWalk To Go cart.
I believe they had fried mozzarella before, but more like a patty or nugget instead of sticks. I prefer the sticks for sharing and dipping.

pdude81

I followed up and unfortunately the dish that she was told was going away was the Shrimp Campanelle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom