Annual Pass Activation

BuzzLIghtYear2010

Original Poster
Last time we did this, it took an hour. We went to Guest Services at Disney Springs. This time we will arrive the day before we go to a park. Is there any time or place in which GS can do this faster?

Mireille

Premium Member
I got an AP last spring and they just activated it at the entrance of Epcot the first day I went in August. Didn't take any time at all. Maybe a couple minutes? I honestly don't recall if they had to fiddle on an iPad for a minute or not. The fact that I can't even remember would suggest it was short and unremarkable.

Raxel7851

We did ours at Disney Springs. It took way less time than at a GS location at the parks. I guess it all depends on how busy the day is. There always seems to be long lines at the parks. Plus the CMs are behind glass and they’re sometimes hard to speak with. At DS, it was a much more pleasurable experience.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
We recently bought APs and were able to just tap in at the first park. Tapped in, finger scanned, entered.

Our last APs lapsed in 2019. These were Sorcerer APs through DVC. I think only certain circumstances require getting APs activated, like needing to check FL residency etc.

NelleBelle

I activated my AP last fall at one of the ticket booths at HS. It was afternoon (maybe 3pm) and had I not decided to add the PP option, would’ve taken less than 5 min. Even with the adding, it was still very very fast. Very glad I didn’t waste time going to DS GS to do this. The queue was quite lengthy on the day we did go to DS to shop and glad I was able to just walk up to the ticket booth.

Raxel7851

I activated my AP last fall at one of the ticket booths at HS. It was afternoon (maybe 3pm) and had I not decided to add the PP option, would’ve taken less than 5 min. Even with the adding, it was still very very fast. Very glad I didn’t waste time going to DS GS to do this. The queue was quite lengthy on the day we did go to DS to shop and glad I was able to just walk up to the ticket booth.
It seems like hitting the lottery at times finding a pleasurable GS experience!

Nottamus

Renewed last year, then November was first trip with renewal and they told me on the phone I didn’t have to go to GS, that it was active already
And it was

Raxel7851

Renewed last year, then November was first trip with renewal and they told me on the phone I didn’t have to go to GS, that it was active already
And it was
I’m wondering why some APs are all set to go and some need activation at GS before they can be used.

MickeyLuv'r

I always seem to lose the WDW GS lottery for some reason. It always takes at least 30minutes to do whatever it would take everyone else 5 minutes to do. And that is after I get to the front of the line.

If you need to go to GS, then ideally try to avoid one that is outside the park gate during the rope drop hour when lines are longest. IME though, the gate CM's now try to avoid sending parkgoers to that line if they can.

bjlc57

we are first time ap holders and i am concerned about losing an hour at rope drop.. We won't do this until we travel to the parks this fall.. Where do you go in Disney springs ? or we may have to "go to the park" the night we get to our resort... which in the past at our age has been a mistake...( its just too hard after traveling all day ..i need the time off)...
we would have to go to guest services and then get back to the room.. but we do rope drop almost every morning.

Touchdown

we are first time ap holders and i am concerned about losing an hour at rope drop.. We won't do this until we travel to the parks this fall.. Where do you go in Disney springs ? or we may have to "go to the park" the night we get to our resort... which in the past at our age has been a mistake...( its just too hard after traveling all day ..i need the time off)...
we would have to go to guest services and then get back to the room.. but we do rope drop almost every morning.
What about arrival day? DS usually takes sometime because there is a line, you know what doesn’t have a line in the afternoon? Ticket counters outside the parks. I would get on transport to the closest park and activate there.

fgmnt

I’m wondering why some APs are all set to go and some need activation at GS before they can be used.
I think if you are renewing at the highest pass level they have no reason to take you to GS. They are likely flagging lower level passes to check their residency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom