Thoughts on Art of Animation?

Hello there! I'm going to be taking a solo trip to WDW in early 2025 for my birthday (birthday is Jan 9, but I'm probably looking to do Jan 31-Feb 9 for my trip). In doing my researching of the various resort options within my budget, I'm finding myself looking most at Art of Animation. I have never stayed here before and I was wondering what your all's thoughts, reviews, tips, and advice in regards to this resort are, and really if you recommend a stay here?

JIMINYCR

The resort starting with the lobby and continuing with the rooms are extensively themed for families with kids. Lots of huge character areas outside to be walk around with great photo opportunities. The rooms are well themed as well with character themes. Some people say so much that they are garish but it’s for the kids after all. Large pool areas. It is a fun resort to stay or just visit and walkthrough. The food court has a lot of variety of foods and when we’ve stopped by to eat when visiting everything was tasty. You have skyliner option or bus service. Skyliner connects to Ep and DHS .
It is a good resort to stay at. With lots of families with kids there will be noisy food courts and pool areas but that comes with the territory.
So budget wise if it fits you then I’d say it’s worth doing. Solo trips are fun to do. You can focus on just what you want to do. Enjoy and have a Happy Birthday.

Upvote 0

Mireille

Premium Member
I stayed at AoA in 2022 with my mom and the theming is excellent, however, if you aren't looking at a suite, the single room units are only in the Little Mermaid buildings and it's a bit of a hike from the bus or skyliner (or food court) at the end of a long day. Plus, the price difference for basically the same room at Pop Century is not insubstantial. I stayed at Pop Century for a solo trip last year, at a preferred room right by the main pool and food court, for, gosh... around $70 less per night than I paid at AoA. The theming is less interesting in my opionion, but you can take a walk around Hourglass Lake and check out all the theming at AoA whenever you want. If money is not a big consideration and you want a real in-your-face DISNEY vibe (which I wanted for my mom since she hadn't been to WDW since 1987), AoA is pretty great, especially having breakfast outside the food court next to the Nemo seagulls who will start shouting "MINE! MINE!" every once in a while. But if you want a comparable experience for less money, Pop is worth considering. But either way, with the Skyliner there, either one is a lot of fun for a value (or value+ for AoA) price.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scottnj1966

Remember only one area, the little mermaid, are regular hotel rooms. The other sections are family suites that cost much more.

Also the little mermaid section rooms and layout closely resembles pop century has those were built the same time (until construction stopped).

I mention that because you could also stay at pop century, usually cheaper. It has the same access to the skyliner and that same bridge connects both resorts.

So you can visit with one very easily.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom