Chefs de France

Stitchvader

Original Poster
It looks to us like the menu has changed. The beef filet seems to have been replaced with a strip steak. This is always our first meal of our trip and now we aren’t sure if we should go or not. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Eric Graham

We've always enjoyed this restaurant, I took three years of French in high school. With the third year, I had to speak only in French. It was always nice speaking to the waiters and waitresses in French. Not sure about the strip steak being replaced by the beef filet. Have you considered the Boathouse. It is at Disney Springs, but they have great food as well....

Stitchvader

Original Poster
We've always enjoyed this restaurant, I took three years of French in high school. With the third year, I had to speak only in French. It was always nice speaking to the waiters and waitresses in French. Not sure about the strip steak being replaced by the beef filet. Have you considered the Boathouse. It is at Disney Springs, but they have great food as well....
We enjoy the boathouse also. Le chef’s has just always been our first night tradition. But my kids always get the filet. My son isn’t an adventurous eater so he always orders the same thing, and he isn’t a fan of strip steak.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It looks to us like the menu has changed. The beef filet seems to have been replaced with a strip steak. This is always our first meal of our trip and now we aren’t sure if we should go or not. Does anyone know if this is the case?
No beef filet. This is the replacement:
Screenshot_20240327_180852_Chrome.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They were still really good when they reopened after the 'vid, but over the last few years we've noticed that while the staffing was still wonderful and attentive, the food quality has declined.

UNCgolf

A strip steak is one of the best cuts you can get -- arguably better than a filet.

That said, I doubt Disney is splurging on high quality strip steaks. A $47 strip with the Disney mark-up is probably no better than mid-tier chain steakhouse quality.

Not that it matters since the OP's issue was that his son only wants a filet, which I understand because that was the only steak I ever ordered as a kid too.

Grumpy06

We were there Saturday the 13th and my wife had the strip because the filet was not on the menu
she was disappointed until she ate the strip and said it was excellent and would order again
she would highly recomend

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom