Disney Destiny

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This all feels very off… what is with all the opaque panels on the second and third floors and on the staircase? It’s like the model wasn’t complete so they just blocked it all out?
It’s difficult to tell as it looks like an artist rendering where details are intentionally vague.

DisneyHead123

Maybe this is a silly theory, but could those panels be for use as screens? On Instagram they have a short animated clip of Loki getting angry that he wasn’t chosen as the statue and wreaking havoc. Screen projection setup where things like that play out on the ship?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
To me, Black Panther is not iconic enough for that position. But, what do I know.
Not even close. I absolutely guarantee that less than half the people who set foot on that ship will have ever heard the word "T'Challa."

Atrium statues should be like... Steamboat Willie, Sorcerer Mickey, Classic Mickey, Tuxedo Mickey, Pirate Mickey, Captain Mickey, Captain Minnie, Sailor Donald, Snow White, Cinderella. Maybe Ariel because she's on-theme.

This ship blows.

dothebrdwalk

This ship more than the other 2 in the "Wish" class, seems very thrown together random themes.

You have the heroes and villains theme overall but it's heavy Marvel heroes and then heavy Disney Villains. Very random combo.

Also, no Star Wars as of late on the ships. Did Lucasfilm pull back after failure of Galactic Starcruiser?

Also disappointing that Haunted Mansion parlor is on this ship too, should be unique to Treasure.

Overall, not as impressed as I would have liked to be. :(

DisneyHead123

This ship more than the other 2 in the "Wish" class, seems very thrown together random themes.

You have the heroes and villains theme overall but it's heavy Marvel heroes and then heavy Disney Villains. Very random combo.

Also, no Star Wars as of late on the ships.
I assume this ship is supposed to be geared towards guys a bit more. My guess is that’s the unifying theme.

invader

Ariel / Donald & nephews
Mickey / Goofy
Donald / Sorcerer Mickey
Minnie / Dumbo
Cinderella / Rapunzel
Aladdin & Jasmine / Pan & Hook
Black Panther / Spider-Man

And then to have it as web design. What a choice.

JaxFLBear

Now sailing November 2025. Bookings open September 12.
Castaway Club members can secure an inaugural season spot as early as September 6, 2024, and bookings go on sale to the general public on September 12, 2024:

Friday, September 6, 2024 – Pearl Castaway Club Members
Monday, September 9, 2024 – Platinum Castaway Club Members & Golden Oak Club Members and Club 33 Members
Tuesday, September 10, 2024 – Gold Castaway Club Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Adventure Insiders
Wednesday, September 11, 2024 – Silver Castaway Club Members

cjkeating

I'm very excited for De Vil's. I love a good piano bar.
Not sure if you have been on the Wish but the bar in this placement is really unfortunate, it has windows into the Grand Hall which is noisy, I believe this is because (compared to the Classic ships) it is the entrance to the kids clubs so you get some overspill that the hall becomes a bit of a space for kids to run around before or after they go there so you are having your drink to the screams of children in the background. At one point I was having my drink as I child was licking the window... lol

The piano bars on the classic ships have a far better atmosphere.

invader

Watching a documentary on the Magic 2013 dry dock and it is interesting to see how different things are from today. Almost none of the imagineers are still with the company.

Railking55

Not sure if you have been on the Wish but the bar in this placement is really unfortunate, it has windows into the Grand Hall which is noisy, I believe this is because (compared to the Classic ships) it is the entrance to the kids clubs so you get some overspill that the hall becomes a bit of a space for kids to run around before or after they go there so you are having your drink to the screams of children in the background. At one point I was having my drink as I child was licking the window... lol

The piano bars on the classic ships have a far better atmosphere.
I'm definitely used to Keys and the Cadillac Lounge 👍

C33Mom

I'm definitely used to Keys and the Cadillac Lounge 👍
It is separated by the glass wall from the chaos (which usually isn’t that bad) in the grand hall. I haven’t spent too much time there on Wish because I am partial to Hyperspace Lounge.
I am moderately prone to motion sickness so, while we love the piano bars on the small ships, I can’t spend much time there in rocky seas and prefer mid-ship locations.

jme

lSrfnTM.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom