Biergarten (2024)

Spookie2018

Original Poster
Can anyone confirm or deny whether you still sit with strangers upon dining? My wife is beyond anxious over having to sit with others, so needless to say, I'll pass if it's still a requirement.

We've always been seated 6 vs 2. It's odd.

christine7257

I haven't visited personally this year, but the Princess & the Bear vlog went last month and confirmed in the comments that it's one party per table. Some tables look to be pretty close together -- but that's true of a lot of Disney World spots. You can see the table configurations in some of the background shots of the video if you want to get a better idea.

MDB407

Ate there 2 weeks ago. Sat at our own table. The tables are close so we were close to another party but the tables were 6 inches or so apart.

Club Cooloholic

Can anyone confirm or deny whether you still sit with strangers upon dining? My wife is beyond anxious over having to sit with others, so needless to say, I'll pass if it's still a requirement.

We've always been seated 6 vs 2. It's odd.
You do know it's supposed to be a recreation of a German beer hall where tables are close together and you often share them with others. Nothing to be terrified of, say hi!
Also, I feel like most table service restaurants in Epcot are close, if you go to the restaurant in the Mexican temple, those tables are super tight!

Hockey89

You do know it's supposed to be a recreation of a German beer hall where tables are close together and you often share them with others. Nothing to be terrified of, say hi!
Also, I feel like most table service restaurants in Epcot are close, if you go to the restaurant in the Mexican temple, those tables are super tight!
Come on, I've seen people try to bite strangers.... It was a valid question ;)

Phonedave

It was not in Disney, but I was on a cruise once where our table for two was literally 6" away from an other table for two. We ended up having a great time talking with that couple for the entire cruise.

wonkabars7

We have been there twice (2020 and 2023). First time we shared a table but never felt like we were 'with' the family next to us, there was enough space plus we had the side of the table next to the stage/show floor, so between being mesmerized with the show and our own conversations, we hardly noticed the other folks at the end of the table.

Second time we sat at our own table, but the table next to us was actually just as close as it would have been if people were at our table...ultimately, I wouldn't get to hung up over it. Between the signs, sounds, and endless amazing food, you will be more than preoccupied in good ways...

plutofan15

Many years ago, my wife (then girlfriend) were in a small town in Austria. We went to dinner one night and there were no tables available expect for a large round table for 10 people. They asked if we wouldn't mind sitting with other couples, no problem we said. Ended up being with couples from four other countries (Germany, England, Austria and France). It was by far one of the best times we had on that trip. By the end of the evening we were all like old friends.

the_rich

I can get why she's anxious. My mother doesn't like the seating, she doesn't feel comfortable. I on the other hand don't really mind it at all. We've been there twice. Once we had a nice conversation with the other group and the other time there was no interaction. If she's that anxious I wouldn't go. She'll have a hard time enjoying herself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom