EPCOT Day Remy/GOTG

DisDadWoz

Looking for your expert advice all;)
For our upcoming trip we have one day at EPCOT and in attempt to try to make sure the kiddo gets on Remy and Guardians is my best plan of attack to purchase GOTG and then try to LL Remy? Is that even possible? Is there a better plan?
Doesn't matter what time we ride each of them but wanted to try and get on both.
If it matters we are staying onsite at BWV.

DisneyFanatic12

I would Genie Remy and VQ GotG. 7am drop is trickier for Guardians, but you should have no issue getting a group at 1pm, unless you’re visiting at a CRAZY busy time. Just make sure you tap in to enter Epcot before 1pm if you wish to snag a a virtual queue from the 1pm drop. Once you tap into the park, can book the virtual queue from anywhere, just make sure to get through the turnstiles before 1pm if you can’t make the 7am drop!

Upvote 0

buckeyegator

are you staying on property?you can use the 30 minute early entry, especially if you are staying at a epcot resort within walking distance to the world gateway enterance.as for the 1pm drop i have used it 3 or 4 times, always get a time, just be sure to get ready about 5 minutes early, refresh until about 1 minute before and keep watching.also the skyliner drops at world gateway if you are on the line, just be sure to get on early.

Upvote 0

buckeyegator

how old are your kids? you might just do standby at remy.it is a good hike from park enterance to france pavillion so i would suggest again if you are not on the skyliner route use early admission and head straight for france,just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
are you staying on property?you can use the 30 minute early entry, especially if you are staying at a epcot resort within walking distance to the world gateway enterance.as for the 1pm drop i have used it 3 or 4 times, always get a time, just be sure to get ready about 5 minutes early, refresh until about 1 minute before and keep watching.also the skyliner drops at world gateway if you are on the line, just be sure to get on early.
That doesn’t really work for either of them

Upvote 0

KTK

Rope Drop Remy. You are entering Epcot through the International Gateway Entrance. It is literally the closest attraction. Get the Virtual Queue for Guardians. Depending how old your kids are, they can get on their cell phones and help you get virtual queue for Guardians. I find you don't need to get LL for Epcot.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
Rope Drop Remy. You are entering Epcot through the International Gateway Entrance. It is literally the closest attraction. Get the Virtual Queue for Guardians. Depending how old your kids are, they can get on their cell phones and help you get virtual queue for Guardians. I find you don't need to get LL for Epcot.
So my daughter and I can probably both attempt the virtual queue. Is it pretty much get ready and 6:58 am and then click the virtual queue on the app once the clock strikes 7:00.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
Looking for your expert advice all;)
For our upcoming trip we have one day at EPCOT and in attempt to try to make sure the kiddo gets on Remy and Guardians is my best plan of attack to purchase GOTG and then try to LL Remy? Is that even possible? Is there a better plan?
Doesn't matter what time we ride each of them but wanted to try and get on both.
If it matters we are staying onsite at BWV.
We always take an uber from our resort to a Boardwalk resort and walk to the international gateway entrance at Epcot and get in line there. That usually opens prior to the extra 30 minutes, and we have been on and off Remy before the extra half hour even starts. If you are staying at one of the Boardwalk resorts, then you are set. We usually arrive about 30 minutes prior to the scheduled guest opening time.

I'd be up and ready to get the 7 am virtual que for GOTG. You can still purchase it if you'd like to ride a second time.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

JohnD

I just got back from a trip to WDW where we only had one day at Epcot. Ideally it's best to have a family and friend with you. Purchase Ganie before 7am. At 7am one of you VQ GOTG and the other book Remy.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

My plan for my upcoming trip is similar to what many have suggested:

Try for the 7am VQ; if I don't get it, then get an ILL
Rope Drop Remy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KTK

So my daughter and I can probably both attempt the virtual queue. Is it pretty much get ready and 6:58 am and then click the virtual queue on the app once the clock strikes 7:00.
Make sure your MyDisney Experience is updated first and your party is correct. Prior to 7 am, scroll down and click "Join Virtual Queue." Next will pop up Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Click on Epcot. You will then see Guardians listed. You can even "practice" this now. Then a few minutes before 7 am, start refreshing the page by quickly swiping down. Once the queue is officially open, you will see your party listed, click all and join the fun.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Make sure your MyDisney Experience is updated first and your party is correct. Prior to 7 am, scroll down and click "Join Virtual Queue." Next will pop up Magic Kingdom or Epcot. Click on Epcot. You will then see Guardians listed. You can even "practice" this now. Then a few minutes before 7 am, start refreshing the page by quickly swiping down. Once the queue is officially open, you will see your party listed, click all and join the fun.
Thanks for the breakdown! This year will also be my first time trying for a VQ at Disney World.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
Update on what we actually ended up doing. We did not make the 7 am virtual queue so to make sure we made it on we ended up purchasing and rode at 11:00 am. At the 1pm queue we were able to get BG 125 which gave us a call back time of 6:00. However, that time continued to change and we made it on at 8:00 pm.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom