News May 4th 2024 at Disney's Hollywood Studios

prberk

I also remember that Star Wars Weekends had Mickey dressed as Luke and Minnie dressed as Leia, and the others dressed up in Star Wars garb as well; but once Disney bought Star Wars, I remember that an edict went down that that could no longer happen. They wanted the SW characters to remain consistent and not parodied by the Disney characters. Made no sense, but that seemed symbolic of taking the fun out of it, as I think they ultimately did.

MagicHappens1971

I also remember that Star Wars Weekends had Mickey dressed as Luke and Minnie dressed as Leia, and the others dressed up in Star Wars garb as well; but once Disney bought Star Wars, I remember that an edict went down that that could no longer happen. They wanted the SW characters to remain consistent and not parodied by the Disney characters. Made no sense, but that seemed symbolic of taking the fun out of it, as I think they ultimately did.
I believe this was a decision steered by Kathleen Kennedy as most of the rules surrounding park appearances are set by Lucasfilm Story Group.

MagicHappens1971

Why have Jedi Mickey when you can have Vi Moradi wandering around SWGE, often alone and uninterrupted?
Not saying I agree lol I was just adding some details. From a branding perspective I kind of understand why they did it then. But now? No. I feel like when Marvel & Star Wars were first purchased Disney (and the studios) had a different perspective on their assimilation into the brand. It seems as though they wanted them to be identified separately, and that is no longer the case

DCBaker

Premium Member
Virtual Queue information for May the 4th merchandise has been added to My Disney Experience.

IMG_4325.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom