MSUSA REDEVELOPMENT

yensid67

Original Poster
The Walt Disney Company came to you to give you the task of REDEVELOPING Main Street USA...What would it look like?

SplashJacket

The Walt Disney Company came to you to give you the task of REDEVELOPING Main Street USA...What would it look like?
Since we're updating with the times, we should keep it thematically appropriate.

We must ask ourselves, what replaced the small town city centers and charm throughout America?

What trend is Disney itself embracing? "Rampent unchecked consumerism?" I hear you shout!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: The Heart of Small Town America

1707336308900.png

yensid1967

My idea would be to incorporate parts of Walt's life into MSUSA. For example, have one facade be a recreation of the Merry Melodies Studio, a section from Marceline, MO, I think that here should be a museum of some type that guest can go into...maybe a dark ride with a trackless system!? Just kidding...or maybe not! I have always wondered why Walt Disney World didn't have something like the Disney Museum in San Francisco maybe in Disney Springs or a totally separate building on property that could have a small train running around the property, a replica of Walt and Lillians house, A replica of Walt's drawing board, the multi-plane camera, etc! nI think a good place for the museum would be in Town Square Theatre building, as of now it's only a meet and greet that could be moved somewhere else or incorporated at the end of the walk thru.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'd immediately form a task force with Imagineering frie ss and travel around the U.S. for "research purposes. " I'd then submit a one paragraph report that my recommendation is to not make any changes.

WoundedDreamer

Main Street is great but it needs to be about 4X the size. They should also close Starbucks and redo the stores into better thematic versions versus the current Mall like it currently feels. Maybe even a couple attractions wouldn't hurt.
I could see expansion. Or maybe just port the Paris version over? I'm a big fan of Main Street USA. It represents the journey Walt Disney began at the beginning of his life. I'm against anything that would result in watering down the concept or changing the feel or atmosphere of it. I'm not actually as emotionally invested in the buildings of Magic Kingdom's Main Street (like I am Disneyland's Main Street). I'm invested in the concept not the physical structures. So, if they were to improve the execution of the concept, I'm totally okay with that.

I would emphasize the use of natural materials and realistic building materials like the Paris edition. Every texture and detail in Main Street should be evocative of the time and beautiful.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It would look like a trip over into the Imagineering forum where they have these types of discussions and dialog every day.

Chef Mickey

I could see expansion. Or maybe just port the Paris version over? I'm a big fan of Main Street USA. It represents the journey Walt Disney began at the beginning of his life. I'm against anything that would result in watering down the concept or changing the feel or atmosphere of it. I'm not actually as emotionally invested in the buildings of Magic Kingdom's Main Street (like I am Disneyland's Main Street). I'm invested in the concept not the physical structures. So, if they were to improve the execution of the concept, I'm totally okay with that.

I would emphasize the use of natural materials and realistic building materials like the Paris edition. Every texture and detail in Main Street should be evocative of the time and beautiful.
In the end, it's just a mall with some facades. It lacks substance and the magic has been watered down.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yea i think all it really needs, like others have stated, is more thematic elements that they pushed away from. Just bring it back to what it is supposed to be.

I am also not opposed to the main street auditorium. I think thatd be great to have a big attraction/show place in the land.

TalkToEthan

They should also close Starbucks

That isn’t Starbucks, actually. It’s Disney selling Starbucks products…….. much like if one went into Barnes & Noble cafe section and was served a Starbucks product.

The only true/bonafide Starbucks I know about at WDW is at Dis. Springs.

Just like if(and I’m not saying that they do because I don’t know what brand they sell) Casey’s Corner were selling Oscar Mayer products or Lays chips.

But point taken………you’re right. It needs to go.

yensid67

Original Poster
That isn’t Starbucks, actually. It’s Disney selling Starbucks products…….. much like if one went into Barnes & Noble cafe section and was served a Starbucks product.

The only true/bonafide Starbucks I know about at WDW is at Dis. Springs.

Just like if(and I’m not saying that they do because I don’t know what brand they sell) Casey’s Corner were selling Oscar Mayer products or Lays chips.

But point taken………you’re right. It needs to go.
I agree...The fancy OUTSIDE WORLD outside the parks where it was intended! MK is a place magic, fantasy and dreams...a place to EXAPE the outside world and leave your troubles at the gate. Now, you see commercial logos(Starbucks) sign all over every park! If you want to ride anything, you have to buy GENIE+ and Lightning Lanes and get up early while on vacation to get those selections and lightning lanes and you have to constantly have your eyes stuck to your phone. That is NOT a vacation to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom