Boulder Ridge vs Beach club resort

BethanyMarie21

Original Poster
Hi!
I am planning a trip this September and can't decide on a resort! I am torn between boulder ridge and beach club resort. I love the rustic look of wilderness lodge, but coming from upstate New York I like the beach look of beach club. The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood studios is what I really like about beach club. My last stay was at Port Orleans riverside and I loved it their, but looking to stay somewhere new this time. We are a younger couple in our 20s looking to spend a couple days at the parks and the resort, any suggestions?

plutofan15

Hi!
I am planning a trip this September and can't decide on a resort! I am torn between boulder ridge and beach club resort. I love the rustic look of wilderness lodge, but coming from upstate New York I like the beach look of beach club. The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood studios is what I really like about beach club. My last stay was at Port Orleans riverside and I loved it their, but looking to stay somewhere new this time. We are a younger couple in our 20s looking to spend a couple days at the parks and the resort, any suggestions?
Depends on which parks you will be visiting more often. If you plan on being at Epcot and Hollywood Studios, then Beach Club would be the best choice. If you plan on visiting Magic Kingdom more often go with Boulder Ridge. Both resorts are great, can't go wrong with either. My two cents, when my wife and I were in our 20s, we would have stayed at Beach Club. More options for food and drink being so close to Epcot.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'd also suggest Beach Club for the same reasons. The pool is great but more for proximity access to EPCOT. If through DVC, then Beach Club. If cash, then I'd compare to Yacht Club because they share amenities and you light save a decent bit over Beach Club.

If you won't have many park days then I'd suggest Boulder Ridge. Wilderness Lodge is, imo, a more enjoyable resort with way better the theming. The vibe is more relaxed and Beach Club can feel more hectic.

plutofan15

I'd also suggest Beach Club for the same reasons. The pool is great but more for proximity access to EPCOT. If through DVC, then Beach Club. If cash, then I'd compare to Yacht Club because they share amenities and you light save a decent bit over Beach Club.

If you won't have many park days then I'd suggest Boulder Ridge. Wilderness Lodge is, imo, a more enjoyable resort with way better the theming. The vibe is more relaxed and Beach Club can feel more hectic.
Agree 100%. If not looking for a DVC villa, go with Yacht Club. Less families and a more relaxed atmosphere at Yacht compared to Beach Club. Also agree that we found the theming better at Wilderness Lodge. And Wilderness Lodge is more relaxing over Beach/Yacht Club if that is what you are looking for. When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, one of our favorite things to do was to grab a something to eat and a drink at Geyser Point and watch the Electric Light Water Parade. But the location cannot be beat for Beach Club if Epcot is going to be your main park to visit.

BethanyMarie21

Original Poster
Thank you for all of the input! We will definitely be spending more time at Epcot vs magic kingdom. My boyfriend really wanted a more relaxed resort so that's why we liked wilderness lodge. Definitely a tough decision to make!

plutofan15

Thank you for all of the input! We will definitely be spending more time at Epcot vs magic kingdom. My boyfriend really wanted a more relaxed resort so that's why we liked wilderness lodge. Definitely a tough decision to make!
I would suggest Yacht Club. Definitely more relaxing than Beach Club and still close to Epcot.

Eric Graham

Stormalong Bay at the Yacht/Beach club is a very beautiful pool. We really like how the resort is such a very short walk/boat ride to Epcot and HS. We also really enjoy the all you can eat buffet at Cape May, even though you have to pay additionally for the crab legs currently. Happy travels!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom