Contemporary Fire Alarm

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but it seemed like the best place to start.

My parents are currently staying at the Contemporary on the 11th floor. They said a fire alarm went off around 6:00am today, but my dad said that the alarm sound and warning messages were only going off on the 4th floor. The structure amplified the sound well enough for them to hear the alarm on 11. He said it smelled like a possible electrical issue, but can't be certain that was the issue. Obviously, Chef Mickey's and Contempo are on the 4th level, so it would make sense that there could be some issue in the kitchen. We're just wondering why the alarm and warning were only broadcast on the 4th level. Like is there a certain criteria to alert the guests in the tower resort rooms? Obviously, it would be highly disruptive to evacuate the entire tower, so maybe there are firewall protections that need to be breached before that occurred?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but it's not the text I was expecting this morning. Just curious if anyone knows as it's a bit concerning and might make them consider different resorts for future visits.

EDIT- Security said fire was on the 1st floor.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom