News 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' exhibit arrives at Walt Disney Presents in Disney's Hollywood Studios

JD80

I predict some sort of attraction eventually for this IP. Tape it soon while the actors are still teenagers and not 28 pretending to be 16.

Probably. Anytime a company adopts a YA adventure series it's with the hopes of replicating some portion of Potter's success.

I think they have a shot with this one. It's very popular.

Edit to note: I'm not saying it'll be big like Potter, but it has a chance to breaking into the cultural zeitgeist.

Phicinfan

I predict some sort of attraction eventually for this IP. Tape it soon while the actors are still teenagers and not 28 pretending to be 16.
Well, if they continue the series through, the latest set is them getting ready for college, so aging isn't a huge deal, but I would love to see some kind of dark ride going through the different journeys

pigglewiggle

Well, if they continue the series through, the latest set is them getting ready for college, so aging isn't a huge deal, but I would love to see some kind of dark ride going through the different journeys

The story just lends itself to some amazing dark ride ideas. I doubt Disney would do it as people probably don't associate the story with Disney all that much, but still would be nice to see.

SplashJacket

Probably. Anytime a company adopts a YA adventure series it's with the hopes of replicating some portion of Potter's success.

I think they have a shot with this one. It's very popular.

Edit to note: I'm not saying it'll be big like Potter, but it has a chance to breaking into the cultural zeitgeist.
I still think Narnia would be a smashing success in a theme park as a Potter-style land, too bad the movies fell off after the first, and now Netflix acquired the rights, so don't see it ever coming under the Disney Park's umbrella.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom