News Walt Disney World Resort honors Black History Month with 'Celebrate Soulfully'

Brian

Meanwhile at Disneyland:

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 10.48.01.png

They really couldn't find a single black person to be part of that performance? It's LA, for God's sake.

bmr1591

The only thing I wish they’d do is have a guy be Joe Gardner from Soul and play piano each day outside of Casey’s. He could dress as Joe, lead off with the song from Soul, then go into other Disney songs. It doesn’t have to be an official meet and greet, but people could get pictures of him doing his thing.

JohnD

I mean this in all sincerity: I hope we get more updates on Tiana in February. A great way to promote Tiana during Black History Month. Tie it to actual New Orleans history.

In the Parks
Yes
Wish they would acknowledge Moon Girl(from the animated show everybody seems to ignore, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur), even though it would be impossible to have her appear at WDW, despite her strong African American representation, bc of the Universal park rights for Marvel affecting that possibility

Vegas Disney Fan

Meanwhile at Disneyland:

View attachment 765114

They really couldn't find a single black person to be part of that performance? It's LA, for God's sake.
Especially with the amazing band (lead by a black singer) right across the esplanade in DCA, how hard would it be to swap bands for a couple weeks?

Or… maybe some of the cast from the recenty ended Lion King show.

Comped

Wish they would acknowledge Moon Girl(from the animated show everybody seems to ignore, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur), even though it would be impossible to have her appear at WDW, despite her strong African American representation, bc of the Universal park rights for Marvel affecting that possibility
Moon Girl isn't covered by those rights, I'm almost sure of it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom