News Exploring Disney Research Labs' 'Holotile Floor' with National Inventors Hall of Fame inductee Lanny Smoot

JoeCamel

In the video, I noticed a segment where there's a wooden crate moving across the holotile and someone in the foreground is waving their hand as if to use the Force to move it!

Loads of people around here insist WDI has lost it ("Disney forgot how to innovate"), but Lanny's work, and stuff we've seen from WDI's stuntronics/robotics divisions prove that any struggles at the parks are a management issue, not a creative one.
I'll believe that when I can buy an extendable light sabre and use it as one

Thelazer

Say what you want about Starcruiser, but things like the Lightsaber training and many other functions of the experience were incredible. The problem is that a lot of these experiences are not (practically) scalable. And that’s (one of many reasons) why they got “locked” behind a paywall.

All the need do is set those experiences up as a "lighting lane" type access, while your already at the park you just add on $299 Light sabor training, take a quick immersive shuttle over, have a 20 min experience and be back in the park. Problem solved and it would sell out slots all day long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom