News New 'Disney Thrills Ticket' offers low price for 2 or 3 day Walt Disney World theme park admission

DCBaker

Premium Member
It is still down. Amazing. All I want to do is check full price with tax for friends of mine. Unlike special event tickets, these don't sell out, fortunately.

Have you tried this link?

2-Day ticket w/tax is $211.94 and $254.54 with the Park Hopper option.
3-Day ticket w/tax is $233.24 and $275.84 with the Park Hopper option.

Virtual Toad

Our family has free passes from our child's participation in Candlelight last month, which frankly we feel ambivalent about even using at this point. As a FL resident facing nightmarish traffic just to get to the place and seeing the total slide in quality and lack of value for the $$, no way would we pay a dime for "discounted" tickets that are still over-inflated. All of this from one-time Disney fanatics-- and that says a lot about the state of things.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Our family has free passes from our child's participation in Candlelight last month, which frankly we feel ambivalent about even using at this point. As a FL resident facing nightmarish traffic just to get to the place and seeing the total slide in quality and lack of value for the $$, no way would we pay a dime for "discounted" tickets that are still over-inflated. All of this from one-time Disney fanatics-- and that says a lot about the state of things.

I feel similarly. When I had flight benefits, we could fly for free so various members of my family were frequent guests and many would consider us "Disney fanatics" in those days. We'd use our DVC points for long weekends or even some weekday stays (mostly my wife and the kids when they were younger), maybe a cash room if we went with another family, and back when AP's were affordable, various members of the family would have them so all we needed to pay for was food. Those days are long gone. The Bob's saw to that.

Virtual Toad

I feel similarly. When I had flight benefits, we could fly for free so various members of my family were frequent guests and many would consider us "Disney fanatics" in those days. We'd use our DVC points for long weekends or even some weekday stays (mostly my wife and the kids when they were younger), maybe a cash room if we went with another family, and back when AP's were affordable, various members of the family would have them so all we needed to pay for was food. Those days are long gone. The Bob's saw to that.
Similar story here. I've been reading Dick Nunis' book and the Imagineering Story this month and both bring into stark contrast the difference between a company culture that seeks profit through excellence and one that simply tries to maximize profits by cutting corners and raising prices. Until I start to see that culture of excellence again I just can't swallow the outrageous prices. It's so fundamentally simple and their failure or inability to reverse course might be a disturbing insight into the health of the Disney company as a whole.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Was there, can confirm, it really wasn’t at all. Yes, high wait times, but the parks certainly didn’t feel as crowded as Christmas’s past. I never had to wait on line for the bathroom, or more than a few minutes for an Epcot food both, by way of example.
Yeah…not even close.

People trust the genie because they don’t see it for what it really is…

Epcot on 12/31…”booked” for 6 weeks prior…felt nothing like 2018 or 2016

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Phased closures were truly busy days. Now it's all done with smoke and mirrors to make things appear crowded to sell the illusion.

JohnD

Have you tried this link?

2-Day ticket w/tax is $211.94 and $254.54 with the Park Hopper option.
3-Day ticket w/tax is $233.24 and $275.84 with the Park Hopper option.
All freaking day. I found a "back door" by drilling down from the All Tix main page rather than the FR tix page. Sigh...

IMG_4878.png

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

The post just above yours says a three day pass with park hopper comes out to leas than $100 a day. That’s a pretty good buy, in my opinion.

BuddyThomas

Yep, $91.94 compared to the approx $100 or so depending on day for "regular" FR tix at 1 park per day.
Yup. Considering that tickets to a two hour Broadway show often top $200 - $300 these days (sometimes way more - the upcoming revival of Cabaret has many seats priced over $600), under $100 for an eight hour or more day at a Disney park seems completely reasonable to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yup. Considering that tickets to a two hour Broadway show often top $200 - $300 these days (sometimes way more - the upcoming revival of Cabaret has many seats priced over $600), under $100 for an eight hour or more day at a Disney park seems completely reasonable to me.
Broadway tickets aren’t the same as park tickets for the 9,000th time

Wanna say Taylor swift and an nfl game while we’re at it and check those boxes off?

JohnD

Wanna say Taylor swift and an nfl game while we’re at it and check those boxes off?
I get sticking to your guns in principle and refusing all offers. I get it. But if you're a FR, the regular 1 park per day tix are too much for your budget, but this discount is not, why frown on those who want to use it?

BuddyThomas

Oooohhh. Sorry to have triggered you. You’re right. Broadway tickets, Taylor Swift tickets and NFL tickets are absolutely NOT the same as park tickets. The former are for 2 to 3 hour experiences and the latter is for an at least 8 hour or more experience (if you want to be there for that long). For the 9,000th time.

Virtual Toad

The post just above yours says a three day pass with park hopper comes out to leas than $100 a day. That’s a pretty good buy, in my opinion.
What isn't factored in though is perceived value for the money. Last year we used our free tickets and still came away disappointed because the quality we expect from the brand just isn't there anymore. Closed shops and attractions, shoddy show standards, third party contract workers in black t-shirts and a full 20% of our entire day spent on broken down rides left us with that impression. Which is why the value, even if it's "inexpensive," just isn't there for us. And that's before tacking on parking, Genie+ and ILLs. Spending more for a historically inferior product. It's all subject to opinion of course and I don't disparage anyone who disagrees with my perspective. Just sharing it for what it's worth, but for us, it's not the price but the corresponding drop in quality that leaves us disinterested.

Jrb1979

Oooohhh. Sorry to have triggered you. You’re right. Broadway tickets, Taylor Swift tickets and NFL tickets are absolutely NOT the same as park tickets. The former are for 2 to 3 hour experiences and the latter is for an at least 8 hour or more experience (if you want to be there for that long). For the 9,000th time.
They aren't comparable at all. A better comparison is cost of other parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get sticking to your guns in principle and refusing all offers. I get it. But if you're a FR, the regular 1 park per day tix are too much for your budget, but this discount is not, why frown on those who want to use it?
I’m not frowning on a anything

They’re just apples to oranges for about a dozen reasons well discussed prior

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom