New Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge coming to Walt Disney World

Lilofan

It costs disney nothing to do this. They will use an existing space that is not being used currently so nothing lost. They will offer some snacks and beverages for free and they will have CMs working there but the costs of those things will be charged back to DVC and paid for through member dues.

As far as Disney already having their money, it’s not really how they would or should think of it. The money paid upfront is gone. Disney got credit for that revenue years ago, It has no financial benefit to Disney today. The money they want today from DVC owners is money spent on park tickets and dining and merchandise. They still want to attract members to come to WDW and visit the parks and spend more money. They also want satisfied customers. I don’t have any official statistics but it’s not uncommon for DVC owners to buy more points over time. They aren’t going to do that if they are unsatisfied with the product. So if Disney decided to just stick it to them because they “already have their money” they would be missing out on a lot of future revenue from a loyal customer base. That’s bad business.
I've been to the one at Epcot with a cast member giving me a tour. Its a private area with comfortable sofas, private bathrooms , kids play area , and a freestyle Coke machine. I did not see any free food or snacks.

nickys

Premium Member
I've been to the one at Epcot with a cast member giving me a tour. Its a private area with comfortable sofas, private bathrooms , kids play area , and a freestyle Coke machine. I did not see any free food or snacks.
You must have gone to a different lounge.

The DVC one is at the top of the Imagination pavilion. It does have seats, drinks and snacks plus charging stations, but no bathrooms.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Frito-Lay as far as the eye can see

The DVC one is at the top of the Imagination pavilion. It does have seats, drinks and snacks plus charging stations, but no bathrooms.

That’s how I remember it…but it’s been 72 hours so my memory is fuzzy 😬

Lilofan

It was at the top of Imagination. I didn't see snacks but there was a hallway with bathrooms to the side of the lounge. This was in 2018.

nickys

Premium Member
It was at the top of Imagination. I didn't see snacks but there was a hallway with bathrooms to the side of the lounge. This was in 2018.
There’s no bathrooms up there. We have to go to the bathrooms near the theatre near the back door to the pavilion, which is where the entrance to the lounge is - up the stairs.

The children’s play area isn’t part of the lounge, it’s the one at the end of the ride, downstairs. Unless there was a couple of games consoles in the lounge, maybe.

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Are you sure it wasn't the Test Track lounge? I believe it's also upstairs and has the amenities you mentioned.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Why on earth would Disney give DVC members a free lounge. Disney already has their money this ain't going to be free. Free is not in Disney's lexicon.
Correct that free is not a very Disney thing. I believe Disney pays the park to lease the lounge spaces one year at a time. So the park makes some money with accounting and DVC pays and gets to show off a member perk not specifically to appease existing owners but to use as a carrot for new sales.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My age and memory fades and gets older. I think you are right.
Haha me too.

As far as snacks it isn’t anything too fancy. Mostly bags of Cheez-its and maybe some cookies along with the freestyle machines, but the price was right ;)

If you looked up and didn’t see a large glass pyramid above you it was not the one in Imagination.
03C72397-C527-4E01-9325-F9035084486A.jpeg

Last edited:

Lilofan

Haha me too.

As far as snacks it isn’t anything too fancy. Mostly bags of Cheez-its and maybe some cookies along with the freestyle machines, but the price was right ;)

If you looked up and didn’t see a large glass pyramid above you it was not the one in Imagination.
View attachment 762531
One would think in the brutal heat of the FL summer one would bake in that lounge with glass ceilings even with AC?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's good. One can relax in cool AC and still get some rays of the sun to work on that vacation tan.
Yeah and some fluids.….after the hike in from beach club through the back gate and through WS in the blazing sun it was time for AC and some drinks.

It can get crowded and I think maybe even end up with a waiting list once full. When some Covid restrictions were still in place indoors they had even more limited capacity so hopefully better now. Either way I would imagine if they go with one at MK it would need to be even larger with more seating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom