Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Summer-House-on-the-Lake_Full_54420.jpg

Last edited:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Lettuce Entertain You (the company behind Summer House) has put these kind of sweets counters in at several of their restaurants around Chicago (and I'm sure other cities). I've tried a few of their offerings and they are very good, and probably with a shorter line than Gideon's.

At least in Chicago, if you are eating at the restaurant and the dessert menu isn't to your liking, you can order anything from the cookie bar instead.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Very nice. As much as I would like to try Gideon’s I think this is a better cookie match for my family’s patience and cookie preferences.
Agree. The Gideons cookies come across as no bake/low bake. I prefer a chewy cookie but with a slight crunch on the edges. The Gideons lemon poppyseed cake though is the bomb its just its very seasonal and not every year.

UNCgolf

Those look much, much better than Gideon's cookies. The Gideon's cookies look awful to me because they have way too many chocolate chips*. I want a cookie, not a chocolate bar.

*this also applies to most, if not all, of their other cookies; just sub in other various things for the chocolate chips

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom