Disney Legend Dick Nunis has passed at 91

Disstevefan1

RIP
1702497755426.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Quotes from Bob Iger and Josh D'Amaro.

“Today, we mourn the passing of Dick Nunis, a true Disney Legend whose contributions to The Walt Disney Company have touched the lives of millions of people all over the world,” said Bob Iger, CEO of The Walt Disney Company. “What started as a summer job training future Disneyland employees would ultimately become a storied 44-year career at Disney. Dick took the values and philosophies he learned directly from Walt and incorporated them into everything he did at Disney. We are grateful for his many achievements and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones.”

“On behalf of every Cast Member, Crew Member, Imagineer and employee of Disney Experiences, I want to express my gratitude to Disney Legend Dick Nunis… and my condolences to his family following the sad news of his passing,” said Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Experiences. “Dick’s impact on our theme parks business is everlasting. Along with our founder, Walt Disney, Dick helped shape our business, create happiness for millions of families around the world… and set a standard that an entire industry must now live up to.”

Comped

RIP Dick

Are we living in the last days of Legends? With so much content and so many options it’s much harder to get to Legend status these days. Unless you re a modern Disney Legend then it’s pretty easy.
There are some who still haven't gotten it from the era who deserve it...

Comped

Oh well, I guess the real honor is getting a Main Street Window.
And there are very few of those relative to the number of Disney Legends there are.
If you haven't yet had the chance to read his book, Walt's Apprentice: Keeping the Disney Dream Alive, I highly recommend it. Full of great stories. I was lucky enough to meet him briefly earlier this year and hear a couple of the stories from him directly. Truly incredible career with quite a legacy.
Would have been nice if it wasn't published by Disney so things weren't sanitized. But I personally have heard how much many of his former co-workers had to fight to get him to even write one... So perhaps things could be excused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom